Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The second phase of Bayfront is looking a lot better, to be fair. Still bland, but the material selections are great, and phase 3/4 are promising to hit the ball out of the park. I feel like Tridel may finally be getting a bit of a handle on design, albeit slowly. It's a good thing too, given their reputation as a great builder.. You want them to succeed for end buyers sakes, but at the same time, don't want to lose the quality design aspect of development.

Well I don’t think alter with aA turned out so great sadly, aqualina despite the spandrel is a success in my books, it is visually very interesting when in sherbourne commons. And in fairness alter looks great from a distance. 300 is pretty terrible though.

It turned out just OK. I think we’re giving tridel high marks because the bar was set pretty low for them. They gave some great projects like SQ and then they have Aqualina where more attention to materials could have gone a long way. Alter turned out crappy. Even one of the best firms in the country couldn’t save them.

Sans derrick:

20180629_213646.jpg

Attachments

• 20180629_213646.jpg
    20180629_213646.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 610
It turned out just OK. I think we’re giving tridel high marks because the bar was set pretty low for them.

My thoughts exactly. I also would have loved it were a different colour, say a Scotia Tower red.

Back