Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

I always look to you for those answers. But my guess would be The Hub because of the detailed info.

Last edited:
I figure The Hub will most likely be the next big office tower to proceed. CC3 likely needs some design adjustments before it proceeds, and I honestly hope that Union Centre gets redesigned to be either shorter or taller than its current form, as it is almost the same height as 160 Front W and the two just look bizarre right next to each other.

Though not as absurd as London's "Walkie Talkie" tower..... I dub this the "grumpy tower". Ed maybe UT could in on the ground floor ;-)
Seen the walking talkie in person. And it’s absolutly incredible. Especially from the street views just under it. Its materials are quite nice.

I don't really get the vibes on this building. It looks like a tall suburban business slab with absolutely no architectural merits.
Why don't they build one of those proposed towers at the convention place over here? We need well designed tall buildings in the core, and not just any tacky glass box.

A rare occasion where I hope there is some cheapening on this building that removes the two inlets on the east elevation. It currently looks like the building is yelling at the Royal York.

I think it looks fantastic. Don't think we've seen this type of glass cladding here before: (from the link above)
upload_2018-7-13_13-28-27.png

upload_2018-7-13_13-28-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-13_13-28-27.png
    upload_2018-7-13_13-28-27.png
    749.7 KB · Views: 650
  • upload_2018-7-13_13-28-47.png
    upload_2018-7-13_13-28-47.png
    895.8 KB · Views: 705
I don't really get the vibes on this building. It looks like a tall suburban business slab with absolutely no architectural merits.
Why don't they build one of those proposed towers at the convention place over here? We need well designed tall buildings in the core, and not just any tacky glass box.

Hahaha, have you looked at it carefully? it's far from being a box, it may be a bit stubby but at 240 meters it will look just fine in our skyline

I think it looks fantastic. Don't think we've seen this type of glass cladding here before: (from the link above)

You see? that is the problem in Toronto, we've settled for so Low, we just get complacent with materials and type of glass.
This behemoth will be at a very visible area of our skyline and all we will see is a Big ugly grey glass box with one eye like cyclops

Back