News   Mar 28, 2024
 132     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Yorkdale Subway Station Easier Access (Arc En Ciel Reinstallation)

If one cross over on the surface to the GO Terminal, its accessibly to the mall, as well the mall new east entrance.

I agree that the current walkway needs to be scrap and replace with a wider one that have ramps at both ends in place of stairs.

Where are these accessible entrances into the mall and how does one get there from the subway?

The closest one to the subway is just after the entrance to the new parking garages added when Nordstrom was built. Alos the one to Nordstrom is accessible too,

Oxford should go further and pay for the operating costs of the Arc En Ciel installation in exchange for advertising rights within the station.

Nice idea, though the TTC has already sold those rights for the next while.

Oxford Properties wants to buy the pedestrian bridge connecting the mall and the subway station: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.NY31.27

I think UT should get credit for nagging them into this! :)

Lots of folks here have expressed exasperation over the bridge, its ownership and the need for improvement.

I think the terms here should be cash for the bridge, but instead an agreement to replace the whole connection w/something that had adequate capacity, universal accessibility, strong aesthetics and air conditioning in the summer!

I think UT should get credit for nagging them into this! :)

Lots of folks here have expressed exasperation over the bridge, its ownership and the need for improvement.

I think the terms here should be cash for the bridge, but instead an agreement to replace the whole connection w/something that had adequate capacity, universal accessibility, strong aesthetics and air conditioning in the summer!

I'm sure they would but would also widen the bridge and add kiosks/shops. You could have a Starbucks right over Yorkdale Rd (which I personally think is a good thing)

Transportation Services and Real Estate Services is requesting City Council's authority to sell the Pedestrian Bridge and North York Community Council's authority to enter into an Encroachment Agreement with Oxford Properties with respect to the Pedestrian Bridge and related entrance connections.

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-117309.pdf

upload_2018-6-21_20-29-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_20-29-25.png
    upload_2018-6-21_20-29-25.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,187
Whatever happened here? Anything at all? It's been almost a year....

Back