Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Here you go again! Of course, it's POSSIBLE. Is it likely to happen? I say "NO", we live in a City where car travel is seen as THE most important thing
By “Here you go again!”, do you mean that I made another unpopular suggestion that may sound doable on paper but is completely public suicide?

By “Here you go again!”, do you mean that I made another unpopular suggestion that may sound doable on paper but is completely public suicide?
No, I mean you asked a question that has a clear and obvious answer: it is undoubtedly POSSIBLE to close Front etc to traffic. I simply point out that just because something is possible does not mean it is likely to happen. and that it is probably not worth wasting too much time on debating it nor worrying about the details.

One timesaver for Union Station finally finished construction:
The Union Bay Teamway Presto gates.

2 minute time savings when racing to catch a GO bus or GO train!

And no more meet grinders here, either.

C261DA15-2767-49A4-AD8A-C23D8681C414.jpeg

Attachments

• C261DA15-2767-49A4-AD8A-C23D8681C414.jpeg
    C261DA15-2767-49A4-AD8A-C23D8681C414.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 693

And no more meet grinders here, either.

View attachment 144833
If you're going to the Bus Terminal, is it faster to:
  1. Exit through the south gate, use the stairs up onto Front Street, cross Bay, and go south to the terminal
  2. Exit through these gates, go south on Bay, turn the left corner, cross Bay at Front, go south to the terminal
  3. Exit through these gates, go south on Bay, enter Bay West Teamway, go up and down Platform 3
  4. Exit through these gates, go south on Bay, and just jaywalk across Bay (please avoid doing this)

That entirely depends on inflow vs outflow (Since these gates take passenger traffic in both directions...). If there's a steady stream of people coming into the station, one might find it difficult to get out.

That entirely depends on inflow vs outflow (Since these gates take passenger traffic in both directions...). If there's a steady stream of people coming into the station, one might find it difficult to get out.
It still might be faster to use the main Brookfield Place entrance just a bit east of this one.

They’ve also raised the height of the wall so it’s harder to take photos.
I noticed that some time ago and one reason it was raised was to stop us showing what is not taking place compare to what is supposed to be done.

Back