News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 836     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

The story ended up being about another nomination controversy (from way back in 2016).

That's what the party is claiming, but that's part of the issue - he's quite clearly breaking the rules, so how on earth did he win the leadership and Kinga her riding?

Does the PC Party endorse breaking the rules to win?

Hilariously, Hazel McCallion has endprsed both Finance Minister Charles Sousa's re-election and Doug Ford as premier in order to clean up the fiscal mess of the Liberals!
You should see her endorsement. It is hilarious.

You can see why she likes Ford. They have the same math skills when it comes to discussing government debt.

Last edited:
Then it’s time to start telling us who’s in the NDP planned cabinet. Who’s finance, health, education, infrastructure, etc?
Horwath was on Ontario Today this afternoon. Rita Chelli tried to pin her down on a couple of key positions but she wouldn’t say.

Worst planner, or lack of planner city builder in the province. In 1976 when I moved to Mississauga there were green and brown fields everywhere, ripe for a good planner to build a great city. Instead she scraped the landscape of its farmland and replaced it with sprawl. Only now that she's gone can densification take place.

I'm no expert but Mississauga isn't the only place around here where that happened.

I can list some for you:

Toronto
Pickering
Ajax
Whitby
Oshawa
Clarington
Markham
Richmond Hill
Aurora
Newmarket
Vaughan
Brampton
Oakville
Burlington
Hamilton

That should be enough to make anyone feel ill.

Horwath was on Ontario Today this afternoon. Rita Chelli tried to pin her down on a couple of key positions but she wouldn’t say.
And that’s where Rae failed, he won, then looked at his caucus and realized there’s little here to pick from. Cabinet is not supposed to be a learning opportunity.

Typical. Why answer a question when the question hasn't been run by your handlers (because real leaders need handlers) and you can't think of an answer that will be satisfactory to everyone without it being a complete lie or incoherent with your past and actual positions?

Man, that's Canadian politics! Good stuff, all around.

I'm beginning to think that @steveintoronto doesn't have the right to vote on purpose. Probably looked around and said, "Whoah, what's the point?"

Typical. Why answer a question when the question hasn't been run by your handlers (because real leaders need handlers) and you can't think of an answer that will be satisfactory to everyone without it being a complete lie or incoherent with your past and actual positions?

Man, that's Canadian politics! Good stuff, all around.

I'm beginning to think that @steveintoronto doesn't have the right to vote on purpose. Probably looked around and said, "Whoah, what's the point?"
My whole family are Brits, been here since the 1970s and none can vote.

My whole family are Brits, been here since the 1970s and none can vote.

Also thought better of it, no doubt.

I know why it might be, but I'm just saying I think he kept it that way on purpose. Just look, he believes in these politicians about as much as I do. I was born here though, I'm automatically in.

Back