DSC_7972.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC_7974.jpg
    DSC_7974.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 783
  • DSC_7975.jpg
    DSC_7975.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 779
There doesn't seem to be enough space to build a park lawn go station on this site south of the gardiner. Would it make sense to build the station instead to the north of the gardiner next to humber loop?

Would that location be walk-able for all of humber bay shores? It would certainly make the connection to the lakeshore streetcar pretty straightforward, allow for a connection to the queensway to the west and increase the distance to Mimico station.

There doesn't seem to be enough space to build a park lawn go station on this site south of the gardiner. Would it make sense to build the station instead to the north of the gardiner next to humber loop?

Would that location be walk-able for all of humber bay shores? It would certainly make the connection to the lakeshore streetcar pretty straightforward, allow for a connection to the queensway to the west and increase the distance to Mimico station.
Sure, if you're into realigning the rail corridor or getting rid of the Lake Shore (westbound) Gardiner exit.

From the entrance of the underpass of the highway back to Park Lawn Road is approximately 250m which would hold 10 train cars. Lots of room for a station. Park Lawn bus could utilize a bus bay on either side of Park Lawn to drop off passengers.

Sure, if you're into realigning the rail corridor or getting rid of the Lake Shore (westbound) Gardiner exit.

Why would that be necessary? There isn't enough room on the corridor next to humber loop? There can be tunneled access from the south side of the Gardiner, just like the current streetcar tunnel.

Why would that be necessary? There isn't enough room on the corridor next to humber loop? There can be tunneled access from the south side of the Gardiner, just like the current streetcar tunnel.
There's no room for a platform on the Gardiner-side of the rail corridor at the loop. (There is, but it would be narrower than Union).

And to think just the other day, one could smell the wonderful smell of cookies everyday to cover up some of the foul smells that would sometimes come up with the lake and the treatment plant. Mr.Christies we miss you.

And to think just the other day, one could smell the wonderful smell of cookies everyday to cover up some of the foul smells that would sometimes come up with the lake and the treatment plant. Mr.Christies we miss you.

Yeah i must say, i also miss the Canada Bread plant in west Liberty Village,
..a whiff of fresh baked bread and muffins throughout south Parkdale every morning sure was nice

Yeah i must say, i also miss the Canada Bread plant in west Liberty Village,
..a whiff of fresh baked bread and muffins throughout south Parkdale every morning sure was nice

That "whiff" is now considered "air pollution" these days, even if they are baked goods. "Cooking odors" could be call "air pollution" by people not used to those "odors".

That "whiff" is now considered "air pollution" these days, even if they are baked goods. "Cooking odors" could be call "air pollution" by people not used to those "odors".
Oh gee, i must watch out when i'm cooking on my backyard wood burning fire pit,
oh well in this big city of ours whats legal anymore, basically you can lay a complain about anything, lol

Last edited:

Back