Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

More documents have been submitted to the City, including a revised architectural plan showing a new concept for the 26-storey residential tower. Story here, and renderings below:

TvTZ7wQv7m.jpeg

q47DgQmF0S.jpeg

hOY3ss0Ydk.jpeg

Kirkor does Hariri Pontarini. I like it. It is an improvement over the last design, and its architecture is worthy of this visually important intersection (a brick apartment building would have looked a bit off with the high-tech Well office tower across the street).

Yes. Very nice. I hope this will make this a better intersection as well. The intersection of Front and Spading is rather like an on and off ramp to the freeway ..always busy...everyone rushing..a bit chaotic. With the Well and this proposal every things coming up rosy.

This re-design makes me extremely happy. Front West is absolutely dismal west of University Avenue. If this gets built, this and CBC would be the only buildings I'd save from a wrecker's ball. CBC isn't all that nice either though.... especially at street level.

I'm happy with reservations. This is an improvement over the terrible brick design. It's not great by any means. A convoluted and disjointed inspiration. I also doubt Kirkor's capabilities to turn rendering into reality.

I didn't mind the brick in the previous design, in so far as that was appear to the industrial warehouses of the past in the area and the adjacent heritage property.

However, the manner in which they expressed that previous choice in both arrangement and colour did not address either the context or the predominant architectural style associated w/the area.

Neither was it particularly appealing, it was just....ok.

In so far as this is a departure which instead seeks to provide contrast; and is more visually interesting, I'm ok w/that.

My only issue............it leaves the northern towers which were and are the weaker part of the proposal as is.

Can we please start over there too?

Back