News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 501     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I'm not saying that I am proud of it, just that the Liberals have to be held to account. The biggest blow to them would be for the Tories to win.

I disagree. If this thought really is motivating you, then it would be a far bigger reprimand - and a much harsher slap in the face to Wynne and Co. - if the NDP were the ones to hand the Liberals their asses in this election. The Tories are merely the default party people turn to when they get sick of the Liberals and vice versa when it's the Tories who have overstayed their welcome in government/pissed off the general public. This situation is nothing new; we've seen it time and again.

I'm not saying I particularly want the NDP to win the election, but I do think it would be far more humiliating for the Liberals to lose to them than it would be if they lost to the Cons. The latter is what everyone is expecting anyway.

Maybe it'll take four years of Doug's Ontario to convince me that the Libs weren't so bad after all

I'd say it would be more like four weeks (probably less), and that's something you have to keep in mind. I'm all for revenge, but as much as the Liberals deserve to be punished, replacing them with people who are 10 times worse isn't just cutting off your nose to spite your face; it's cutting off your whole head.

I hate Ford. But he already apologized and returned the money.

He's not re-signing over this. You shouldn't have got your hopes up.

All this mud they are trying to sling at him doesn't appear to be working.
Right-wingers never seem to hold their politicians accountable or care much about ethics or values. What they care about is $$$ and if politicians deliver, they will back them up every time.

To paraphrase Donald Trump:

"[Doug] could stand in the middle of [Eglinton] Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose voters."

The Liberal/media machine will not steal yet another winnable election from us. Not this time!

You sound scared and desperate. Just saying.

It's still very likely a Conservative majority is on the horizon even in light of the 407 issue. Sure there's an NDP surge but it's where they're surging that matters. If the Tories hold onto the 905, Central, Eastern and Southwestern Ontario... It won't be Tory supporters that seem desperate.

And I get it. Rob Ford was mired in scandals and Doug suffers from guilt by association. Christine Elliott was my first pick, but nose-holding to oust the Liberals is not too much of a stretch at this point for disaffected folks like me.

Right-wingers never seem to hold their politicians accountable or care much about ethics or values. What they care about is $$$ and if politicians deliver, they will back them up every time.
That's why promising to lower gas prices is a winning strategy for Ford

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the PC party.

Then Ontario must be filled with haters then:

http://maps.lispop.ca/ontario_projections/

Even if all the too-close-to-call ridings flip Orange, it won't be enough to stop the Tories. Like I said, I'm a realist. I'm not saying these things to offend, just softening the blow that's likely to come.

This is all from Brown's time. But if Ford knew and didn't contact police he's part of the coverup.
He was trashing Brown earlier today so I'm pretty sure that means he knew all about it and hoped it wouldn't come out. I'm just wondering who's responsible for leaking this info. And the timing was perfect since anyone who resigns can't be replaced since they missed the cut off date.

He was trashing Brown earlier today so I'm pretty sure that means he knew all about it and hoped it wouldn't come out. I'm just wondering who's responsible for leaking this info. And the timing was perfect since anyone who resigns can't be replaced since they missed the cut off date.
Nobody's going to resign.

This kind of investigation will take months and probably years to prosecute.

Rob Ford was mired in scandals and Doug suffers from guilt by association.

Not only did Doug enable Rob's behaviour, he also himself violated council rules against "improper use of influence". The only reason he wasn't actually punished for any of this was because he was no longer a councillor by the time the review was completed and the integrity commissioner had no power to take any action against him. While he was a councillor, his attendance was poor. And he lied incessantly.

Back