News   Apr 18, 2024
 709     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Downtown Markham

With the buildings that have been approved to build such as Gallary square, Markham square and York campus. Why is it taking a long time to get shovels into the ground?

I believe Markham square development estimated to complete their project at the same time or shortly after York university campus, around 2021. However neither have commenced construction.

I believe rent rates for the retail in downtown Markham must be expensive. I have noticed a few businesses open, then shortly after close. Also numerous retail space still sitting vacant.
Possibly why Remmington is building slow?

1) Most likely financing and resources. Projects take a lot of time, people and money; Remington as a single developer probably don't have the resources to manage and build too many at a time. Building costs have skyrocketed in recent years due to the high amount of construction projects in the GTA.
2) Holding for future state. They still can't get rid of Buttonville and the limitations it brings to build up. They probably want to hold off on projects so that they can build higher.

With that being said, I don’t think times group and Remington can wait until then for the height restriction to be lifted in order to build the skyscrapers they intend.
Well if they have to get approval on a case by case basis they may have to wait till 2023 anyways lol

By the looks of it the limit has already been at least partially lifted by changing flight-path patterns, Times has already constructed a 28 storey building in Uptown Markham - taller than the previous ~18 floor limit.

Poke Guys is opening a location where the Raw More cafe used to be. They used to have insane line-ups at their downtown location so I hope they have just as much success here.

By the looks of it the limit has already been at least partially lifted by changing flight-path patterns, Times has already constructed a 28 storey building in Uptown Markham - taller than the previous ~18 floor limit.

Yes, it always seemed strange to me that there was a height limit in Markham Centre when the rest of Markham has few to no highrises. It shouldn't be a difficult area to avoid.

Next phases for Downtown Markham: 35s tower next to Signature, and two towers 38s & 24s next to Gallery Square:
http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs...velopment Services/pl180528/ruland report.pdf

QJ6QkkT.png

60P0s0N.png

kLfphok.jpg

5Vb8ku1.png

Lgj6PF7.png

Finally some movement! They really need to get going, by the time this place is completed, I'll be dead.

They plan to build over the carosel area with an office building.

I've noticed not many green spaces at all, thought there was going to be some bigger park beside K2.

They're not so bad, definitely 1 step up from the typical brick cookie-cutter homes.

Point is moot because I'll never be able to afford those at $1.5 million.

Back