News   Apr 25, 2024
 169     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

The little hope that I have is that the Liberals appear calm and confident in private as much as they've projected in public. With their current numbers 20 points away from the PCs, you'd think they'd be panicking. There's speculation that they're going to drop a bomb on Doug gleaned from opposition research. If they do indeed have something, they're going to drop it a couple of weeks from election day, not now.

I'm sure Doug's closet is full of skeletons but I have the uneasy feeling that the worst of it will come to light after the election, while he's sitting in the Premier's office at Queens Park.

... and here it is.
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 9.15.32 PM.png

https://twitter.com/Tom_Parkin_/status/997206969034379265

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 9.15.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 9.15.32 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 253
If these allegations are true, it does explain some if the shady stuff that's been happening within the PCPO for the past few months. For example, during the nomination races, people had a very hard time voting. This is likely to due party leadership trying to prevent the fraudulent members from voting. It also explains why people have been getting unsolicited text messages from the PCPO (their phone numbers were used to create fraudulent memberships)

So if they all paid $20,000 each, will charges be laid? At the very least, will they all have to withdraw their candidacy?

I'm told by someone on the ONpoli beat that this particular scandal doesn't appear to touch Doug Ford directly but that there are multiple and separate media investigations into Doug's past, at least one of which should be dropping before the election.

I hope that Toronto's media has learned from the Rob Ford years that they can't let Doug get away with lying and should not hold back from calling him in a liar when they have evidence of his wrongdoings that he'll deny.

Can this thread be merged with the other Doug Ford threads? We're talking about this latest controversy in 3 different places.

There are essentially 3 different Doug Ford threads, plus a general Election thread. Seems like overkill.

To paraphrase Donald Trump:

"[Doug] could stand in the middle of [Eglinton] Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose voters."

The Liberal/media machine will not steal yet another winnable election from us. Not this time!

And you are proud/happy that people would vote for someone like that? That says a lot.

I'm not saying that I am proud of it, just that the Liberals have to be held to account. The biggest blow to them would be for the Tories to win.

Maybe it'll take four years of Doug's Ontario to convince me that the Libs weren't so bad after all; but as of right now I just see my utility bills going on, cost of car ownership going up, piecemeal mercurial paced transit expansion, etc.

The status quo doesn't paint an optimistic view of the future for me. Doug's more speaking my language at the moment.

I'm not saying that I am proud of it, just that the Liberals have to be held to account. The biggest blow to them would be for the Tories to win.

Maybe it'll take four years of Doug's Ontario to convince me that the Libs weren't so bad after all; but as of right now I just see my utility bills going on, cost of car ownership going up, piecemeal mercurial paced transit expansion, etc.

The status quo doesn't paint an optimistic view of the future for me. Doug's more speaking my language at the moment.

You seem less concerned with issues and more concerned with politics.

I couldn't care less about getting some sort of revenge on the Liberals or anyone else. I don't want Ford to lose as payback for his time in City Hall; I want him to lose because his time in City Hall demonstrated that he's not leadership material, and lacks any real substance.

You want change - I get it. Very understandable. Does the PC Party represent change though? It seems very clear they don't. There have already been at least four major scandals this election cycle. They seems as corrupt as the Liberals supposedly were/are. How are they any sort of improvement when they can't even get through an election without being caught breaking rules and going back on their word? They can't even vet their own candidates properly. After all these years, their party seems to be in complete disarray, and completely unworthy of running the province.

I'm curious what language you feel Ford is speaking, because it seems to me he's saying "WE'RE NOT FIT TO LEAD".

Back