Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Mini Rail Deck Park from Union Station platform 6.
KW8biSA.jpg

Anyone surprised by how skinny those support beams look ...especially for an entire park that will be overtop here?

Friday Morning Teaser: I may be a little late posting today, so here is something to hold you over

Trackside: Two steel trusses, facing east to west, were added during the week. Last night 2 connecting trusses were added, north to south, structurally connecting and beginning the support skeleton of the track deck.

View attachment 143155

That's fake news. They're 'experts'. Elites. Elites don't know anything about 'support'. They just support themselves.

Nope - I heard that when sizing these columns and trusses they sketched out some options and went to an authentic blue-collar neighbourhood and asked real people to vote on what option 'just kind of felt right'.

I think this is the way forwards on all projects of this sort.

Nope - I heard that when sizing these columns and trusses they sketched out some options and went to an authentic blue-collar neighbourhood and asked real people to vote on what option 'just kind of felt right'.

I think this is the way forwards on all projects of this sort.

What I really want most out of my structural engineer is just a guy I wanna go have a beer with.

CIBC cranes from Front & Bay:

DSC07581.jpg

…and from beside the GO Bus Terminal with a train rolling into Union,
DSC07583.jpg

…and after the train has rolled in,
DSC07584.jpg

…and a close-up on those trusses:
DSC07451.jpg

Attachments

• DSC07581.jpg
    DSC07581.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC07583.jpg
    DSC07583.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC07584.jpg
    DSC07584.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC07451.jpg
    DSC07451.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 443
Nitpicking but it's 'civil' engineering.
To Nitpick, it's both and you will find projects board saying who the Structural Engineer is on them today. Even if you do a Google search, Structural Engineer is coming up more than civil. Take a look at the Wells and 14 York St hording to see this.

Without getting a closer look at the columns, they are about 12WF 2xx-3xx, which will carry a very high live load from the deck. Only have to look how thick the flanges are to see it. The deck support is trusses that can carry a lot of live and dead load. 2xx-3xx is pounds per foot based on grade 50.

If you design the TD towers and First Canadian today based on current code and steel grade, they would be a lot thiner and have less weight compare to what was built. They were built with grade 36 material

You don't have a 1/4 of the final structure up at this time.

Back