Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Friday Morning Teaser: I may be a little late posting today, so here is something to hold you over

Trackside: Two steel trusses, facing east to west, were added during the week. Last night 2 connecting trusses were added, north to south, structurally connecting and beginning the support skeleton of the track deck.

IMG_0471.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 778
Friday sometime later... part 2

Westside Story: Between crane#1 and crane#2 forming continues on the Ground Floor - Level 01. The monolith that is just below the centre of the photo will actually be the inside wall of a stairwell that runs up the entire core. The base of the monolith is at ground level and rises toward Level 02. They are also forming the up/down ramp north wall.

west.jpg

Eastside Story: In the lower portion of this photo you can actually see four levels under construction at the same time. P3, nearest the southeast corner, is still waiting for its concrete floor. Some of the completed P2 can be seen directly above the dump truck travelling west along the Gardiner and P1 is presently being formed but is not yet at the rebar stage. To the right of the P1 forming, and next to the core, the support legs that will carry the forms for the ground level are being put into position.

East.jpg

Attachments

• west.jpg
    west.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 822
  • East.jpg
    East.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 803
Friday sometime later... part 2

Westside Story: Between crane#1 and crane#2 forming continues on the Ground Floor - Level 01. The monolith that is just below the centre of the photo will actually be the inside wall of a stairwell that runs up the entire core. The base of the monolith is at ground level and rises toward Level 02. They are also forming the up/down ramp north wall.

View attachment 143164

Eastside Story: In the lower portion of this photo you can actually see four levels under construction at the same time. P3, nearest the southeast corner, is still waiting for its concrete floor. Some of the completed P2 can be seen directly above the dump truck travelling west along the Gardiner and P1 is presently being formed but is not yet at the rebar stage. To the right of the P1 forming, and next to the core, the support legs that will carry the forms for the ground level are being put into position.

View attachment 143165

Thanks for the pics. Any progress on the rail park above the tracks?

I can't believe this almost already at grade. I expected we'd have to wait so much longer for this. By next summer we'll have harbour views, I bet.
I can't tell if this is moving quickly or if time is just moving fast.

I still remember when the site seemed dead and waking up one morning to news of this proposal.

149F1EB2-0402-495D-A56B-54B701D7E379.jpeg
Ryan T., your photo above reminded me of this one below, from 1959. Before the Gardiner was built, Toronto Star or Harbour Castle. The THC and the ACC is to the right, the former Canada Post, and in the foreground is the Dominion bldg.

Attachments

• 149F1EB2-0402-495D-A56B-54B701D7E379.jpeg
    149F1EB2-0402-495D-A56B-54B701D7E379.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 802
View attachment 143237 Ryan T., your photo above reminded me of this one below, from 1959. Before the Gardiner was built, Toronto Star or Harbour Castle. The THC and the ACC is to the right, the former Canada Post, and in the foreground is the Dominion bldg.
OMG, without the Gardiner there could be SO MANY CONDOS!

I can't tell if this is moving quickly or if time is just moving fast.

I still remember when the site seemed dead and waking up one morning to news of this proposal.
Haha I remember getting excited over 10 years ago about a potential super tall at this location.

Took long enough... ain’t even a supertall. Still waiting for that Manulife tower as well. ;)

Haha I remember getting excited over 10 years ago about a potential super tall at this location.
Took long enough... ain’t even a supertall. Still waiting for that Manulife tower as well. ;)

Though this two tower project along with the skypark is probably a lot better than what we could have imagined getting built 10 years ago.

AoD

Back