Toronto Cumberland at Yorkville Plaza | 124.96m | 40s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH

It surprises me that a tony area such as Yorkville could get an absolutely cheap looking turkey like this.

The overhang at the top is interesting.

IMG_8528.JPG
IMG_8530.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8528.JPG
    IMG_8528.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8530.JPG
    IMG_8530.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 497
"The overhang at the top is interesting."

I'll give you interesting. I will not give you artistic, creative, unique or beautiful. ;)

Nice to see a view corridor developing along University Avenue although this building is too tiny to have much of an impact from Queen West.

There has been a view corridor on University Avenue ever since the legislature building was built in the 19th century.

You'd have a point if this were Paris, but it's not. We're neither Europe nor should we attempt to emulate that. We inhabit a continent that gave the world the skyscraper and where the skyscraper is celebrated. It's about time Toronto figured this out and stopped trying to be something it is not.

As far as I'm concerned, the University Avenue view corridor north of Queen's Park has been non-existent up until a few months ago. I moved to north America from Europe. If I wanted European vistas, I would have stayed in Europe. We came (and stayed) because it's north American.

Last edited:
You'd have a point if this were Paris, but it's not. We're neither Europe nor should we attempt to emulate that. We inhabit a continent that gave the world the skyscraper and where the skyscraper is celebrated. It's about time Toronto figured this out and stopped trying to be something it is not.

As far as I'm concerned, the University Avenue view corridor north of Queen's Park has been non-existent up until a few months ago. I moved to north America from Europe. If I wanted European vistas, I would have stayed in Europe. We came (and stayed) because it's north American.

We have thousands of skyscrapers already. There's no reason why we can't have both grand heritage vistas and skyscrapers.

You didn't come to North America just because you liked skyscrapers. Don't even lie.

Back