Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
It's probably ASL height.

Yeah that seems likely ... although the site ground is about 77 meters above sea level, so I would assume something was not added right.

I would like to agree with the ASL, but it does specify above grade.

But would be nice on a very very low percentage point that the raised the height lol.

I wonder how the park will meet the opposite side of the tracks given that there will eventually be a building connected to it there for Phase 2?

Woke up this morning with a big erection!

The first at track level steel supports appeared this morning. At the right centre of the picture on a flatbed truck, there appears to be a steel truss waiting for it historical placement.

View attachment 142206
Aah. I witnessed the truss being transported along Front Street yesterday as I enjoyed the sun in Berczy Park. Wondered where it was going. Now I know. Thanks muchly!

Westside Story: Lots of progress this week. They are pouring P3 at the north-west corner as this was taken, and earlier they poured the up/down ramp from P2 to P1. There is a new style of forming happening in the two centre cores closest to Crane#2. Looking into both the open cores nearest to Crane#2 you will see a plywood platform that was constructed off-site and delivered in pieces. It was assembled by the crane. By zooming in you may be able to see the codes C6B1 or C5B1. There are large blue steel brackets that look a bit like a shelf brackets. There are three of these brackets exposed in the area near C4B1. These brackets are attached to the concrete wall and there are stretcher bars from one bracket on the north wall to the opposite bracket on the south wall. I have no clue why or what these are for other than they are in the same spot that the elevators will be located.

West.jpg

Eastside Story: They continue to work on the P2 flooring area towards the north wall. There is also a newly installed concrete pumping machine. Work on P1 will be coming to an end soon as construction moves towards Lake Shore Blvd next to 18 Yonge

East.jpg

Trackside: More steelwork was assembled last night, including some really fancy X wing supports between the steel beams, reminding me that it is May the 4th after all

Trackside.jpg

Attachments

• West.jpg
    West.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 719
  • East.jpg
    East.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 741
  • Trackside.jpg
    Trackside.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 713
What would be impressive is if the park over the rail corridor was only supported at the two ends with no support pillars in the middle. Too bad that’s not economically possible.

What would be impressive is if the park over the rail corridor was only supported at the two ends with no support pillars in the middle. Too bad that’s not economically possible.
or probably from an engineering and safety perspective either (and why would you care, the supporting structure will be virtually invisible.)

Back