Toronto 175 Wynford Drive | 177m | 54s | Freed | AS + GG

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Dont know if a thread already exists for this...anyways a couple proposed towers coming to this site.
1250Eglintonaveeast_zps1addfea6.jpg

1250 EGLINTON AVE E
OPA / Rezoning 13 133523 NNY 26 OZ Ward 26
- North York Mar 14, 2013 --- --- --- ---
30 and 34 storey residential towers, joined by a four storey podium containing 671 dwelling units and the existing hotel conversion will add 242 residential dwelling units

This would be a very cool application if it's the space between the on-ramps and the Don. Possibly precedent-setting. I checked TOMaps and unfortunately it isn't though.

This would be a very cool application if it's the space between the on-ramps and the Don. Possibly precedent-setting. I checked TOMaps and unfortunately it isn't though.

That would never happen. It's provincially owned land exclusively for the highways. It's such a waste the way they built these things back in the day. Engineered for having as efficient of a traffic flow as possible without giving a damn about much else.

Will the new LRT line run by this proposal? Great!:cool:

^ City-owned, actually. DVP is a municipal highway. They could always remove the onramp, and have traffic heading northbound get on the DVP at Wynford. The Eglinton-Crosstown LRT will pass by here. I forget exactly where the nearest stop will be located.

^ City-owned, actually. DVP is a municipal highway. They could always remove the onramp, and have traffic heading northbound get on the DVP at Wynford. The Eglinton-Crosstown LRT will pass by here. I forget exactly where the nearest stop will be located.

That would be very nice although probably not politically feasible. Maybe someone at BuildTO will see the potential. They are earning a positive track record for disposing of surplus city-owned property and converting to productive use. (highly improbable, I know)

That idea sounds similar to BIG's Beach and Howe proposal. Intriguing concept, though not sure if I'd live to live at such a location.

Anyways, this is likely to be more Tridel condos.

Last edited:
I was going through my unread emails and found Burnside's October newsletter that included an update on this project.

1250 Eglinton Avenue East (Wynford)

As you may be aware, the community consultation took place prior to my election and the final report was drafted but delayed pending staff approval from Engineering and Water.

That being said, while I did not have the ability to change the application, there were a few key items that the community was promised and I made sure that these items remained a component of the proposal including:
  • The Owner will provide pathway improvements on site and public access/connections into the Open Space Area abutting the site along the top of bank to the north from Wynford Dr.
  • The Owner will provide an outdoor recreation area for the use of young children and a reciprocal access to all residents of 175 Wynford Dr. within the existing building and the proposed new buildings.
  • The Owner will submit a Construction Management Plan and Neighbourhood Communication Strategy to keep all residents informed with updates and work timelines.
This application is going to Community Council on November 10 for final approval.

Anyone have an idea what happened to the application in the November 10 Community Council?

Don't know if this belongs here?

From Oct/23-2015...175 Wynford Drive - Zoning By-law Amendment Application – Final Report
https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-85245.pdf

New...Mar 23, 2018
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4342562&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

175 WYNFORD DR
Ward 26 - North York District

Two residential apartment buildings consisting of 32 and 39 stories in height, 755 residential units, 3,794 sqm of non-residential uses and four levels of underground parking accommodating 766 parking spaces. These apartments will be connected to the existing Don Valley Hotel via a shared ground level/lobby area.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type
Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 18 133775 NNY 26 SA Mar 23, 2018 Under Review

Reactions: PMT
They’ve got some 3D models in the PDFs if anyone want to upload them. Would but can’t on this phone.

Back