Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

@junctionist: Calling any building the tallest blah blah means very little when the bar keeps on being raised in relatively short order. We live in an jaded era of cheap superlatives.

@Koops65: I think that's a good prediction. Will be surprised if it even makes 300.

My prediction is 250 - 260 metres... definitely not a supertall.

You never know what these developers have in mind. They've already passed a supertall in this area . By the way l love your illustration work on Toronto's Skyscraperpage! You're always up to date with Toronto's building illustrations.

@junctionist: Calling any building the tallest blah blah means very little when the bar keeps on being raised in relatively short order. We live in an jaded era of cheap superlatives.

@Koops65: I think that's a good prediction. Will be surprised if it even makes 300.

Being the tallest does attract attention. The fact that Commerce Court North was the tallest building in the British Empire is still mentioned today as part of its history. It's one of the most often repeated aspects of its history.

Yeah, highly doubt it will be a supertall, and if, then only barely. FCP is 72 floors and Scotia Plaza is 68.

Well the only reason i brought up the supertall thing is how Moshi described what he saw
Amount of storeys don't mean much nowadays when your building a high end office structure
we all know that there is many places in the world where a 60 storey office structure is taller than 1000 ft./305 meters, and all depends on what the developer wants for the location...haha we'll know soon enough

Nope, the tower I saw remind me a little bit The One, with a mix of glass and metal, a lot of huge windows (kind of solariums for open space) with trees inside.

The last storeys/roof was quite interesting too, all in clear glass, with trees inside.
So I just figured out my client is the Vice president leasing at Oxford so i’m pretty confident on what I saw.

Last edited:
At a time globally when 400-600m buildings are popping up whether this one tops 300 or not does seem rather inconsequential- to me anyway. Although I do agree being able to say tallest in Canada might have some allure from a marketing perspective. I'm just eager to see a new office project that sounds like a very interesting design and perhaps by an architect of some repute.

My guess is 250-255m, which at 820-840ft would be the fourth tallest office building in the city after FCP, Scotia Plaza, and TD Canada Trust Tower.

At a time globally when 400-600m buildings are popping up whether this one tops 300 or not does seem rather inconsequential- to me anyway. Although I do agree being able to say tallest in Canada might have some allure from a marketing perspective. I'm just eager to see a new office project that sounds like a very interesting design and perhaps by an architect of some repute.

I don't agree that a dozen, two dozen 4 to 600 metres towers popping up makes a 65 plus storey in our market and any other democratic, business oriented market inconsequential.

This will basically be competing with CIBC Square Phase 2 in 2021-23, so it’ll need a stronger profile than CIBC to pull tenants an extra couple blocks further south from Union. Around 820-850ft and status-symbol-level architecture is almost required for this building to work.

I don't agree that a dozen, two dozen 4 to 600 metres towers popping up makes a 65 plus storey in our market and any other democratic, business oriented market inconsequential.

There are over 50 buildings over 400M built or U/C according to wikipedia. One ridiculous one at 1000 metres. My use of inconsequential was in reference to whether it actually tops 300 or just falls short. Unless of course it is of some architectural merit it will probably not make much of a splash on height alone either way. Bottom line for me is if it will be an interesting design.

So 50. The world is big place. Most of those are concentrated in a few markets that function very differently than our own. In our market and like markets something as tall as 300 metres is a major undertaking to get approved and make the numbers work.

According to CTBUH, 75% of all 200 plus metre towers are being built in China and it's becoming more and more unsustainable. We may be hitting our peak on the global tall building boom.

Indeed, and many more than you suggested. I can't be bothered to count those above 300M. I never said it was not a significant undertaking at all- the new CIBC building is as well.

Back