News   Apr 24, 2024
 750     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 569     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

It's more like the same immetarial every time. The vast majority of politicians have a poor ratio of substance to words in their yapping. It's sort of like the ambiguity of self-improvement books and bullshit pressure tactics of a salesperson had a baby and it started to talk.

Eyes roll, mind goes numb, blood pressure goes up, ears nearly begin to bleed. I'm telling you, it's unhealthy to listen to too much of these people talk when they're on about obtaining or retaining power.

The "outside of Toronto" remark was probably is referring to outside the old city. Even so, the argument that she was "focused" on that part of the city and somehow ignoring the rest, is pretty insufficient without some evidence to back it up.
More than 30 thousand people move into Humber Bay Shores and she doesn't see it as a priority for rapid transit. East Bayfront "plans" to add 15k people in the next 20 years, and she goes into high gear planning transit, parks & rect, community centres, etc.

More than 30 thousand people move into Humber Bay Shores and she doesn't see it as a priority for rapid transit. East Bayfront "plans" to add 15k people in the next 20 years, and she goes into high gear planning transit, parks & rect, community centres, etc.

Yeah, I live west of there, down Lakeshore and I must say that the (non-)planning for that area was a cock up of epic proportions. I can use Mimico Station to get downtown in less than half an hour (including the walk or short bus ride to the station), but the folks living at Humber Shores can't use it without it taking them a good half hour + just to get to it. So they're stuck using the 501 and 66 (and the 145, somewhat) to either get to Old Mill and a 40 minute subway ride, or a who-knows-how-long mission along Queen. It's a disaster. When I was moving, my realtor provided me with a number of listings for that neighbourhood and I didn't even bother checking them out because I knew it would be hugely useless living there from a transit perspective. Instead I'm a 10 minute walk (3 minute bus ride) from a train station that gets me to Union in 14 minutes.

A planning crime was perpetrated with the development of Humber Shores. It's a sad joke.

Yeah, I live west of there, down Lakeshore and I must say that the (non-)planning for that area was a cock up of epic proportions. I can use Mimico Station to get downtown in less than half an hour (including the walk or short bus ride to the station), but the folks living at Humber Shores can't use it without it taking them a good half hour + just to get to it. So they're stuck using the 501 and 66 (and the 145, somewhat) to either get to Old Mill and a 40 minute subway ride, or a who-knows-how-long mission along Queen. It's a disaster. When I was moving, my realtor provided me with a number of listings for that neighbourhood and I didn't even bother checking them out because I knew it would be hugely useless living there from a transit perspective. Instead I'm a 10 minute walk (3 minute bus ride) from a train station that gets me to Union in 14 minutes.

A planning crime was perpetrated with the development of Humber Shores. It's a sad joke.
And yet they refuse to accept that mistake and start rectifying - but hey let's raise our property taxes and assessments because Scarborough!

Funny enough - walking distance wise Park Lawn and Mimico are about the same from my condo. Park Lawn would be far more convenient given the amenities on route vs. Mimico which takes me through people's backyards basically. What a load of planning nonsense.

Last edited:
And yet they refuse to accept that mistake and start rectifying - but hey let's raise our property taxes and assessments because Scarborough!

Funny enough - walking distance wise Park Lawn and Mimico are about the same from my condo. Park Lawn would be far more convenient given the amenities on route vs. Mimico which takes me through people's backyards basically. What a load of planning nonsense.

For real, it's a joke. Now that I live here I can truly appreciate how ass-backward it all is.

Back