News   Mar 28, 2024
 164     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Corktown

Given it's proximity to the proposed Sumach station on the Downtown Relief Subway line, I'd think it would have to be demolished for the station construction (you can see it below, just south of, and dead-centre, of the station box).

I'd also think this would discourage any purchase, as the plan would likely delay any property redevelopment for some time. Though it would certainly have some long-term value. Though that's dependent of them actually building the subway - they have been talking about this since the 1940s in one form or another ...

upload_2017-4-15_17-18-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-15_17-18-2.png
    upload_2017-4-15_17-18-2.png
    729.5 KB · Views: 634
Hearing that Long & McQuade is moving the Saved by Technology store from Yonge St. to Eastern Ave. Possibly the auto body shop at Sumach and Eastern.

the building at 501 King is finally being demolished.

Permit application in:

Application:
New Building
Under Review
TORONTO M5A 1L9
Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#:
17 259507 BLD 00 NB
Accepted Date:
Nov 16, 2017
Project:
Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats
Work:
New Building
Description:
Proposal to construct a new 2 storey (plus mezzanine) restaurant, greater than 30 seats. Part of foundation and 1 wall to be reused from demolished building. See also 17 200309 DEM, 14 141250 SA and 16 159293 MV.

Amazing they haven't given up. Word of this plan dates back to 2014. I noticed the building walled off with plywood this week, so demolition is likely happening soon. Presumably, progress reports will eventually be posted on their social media:

https://twitter.com/gusto501TO

https://www.instagram.com/gusto501
It's already half demolished - working from back wall forward.

Monday 5 March. From a quick walk past yesterday it seems that ALL walls have been demolished, I assume the partial wall they were intending to save just collapsed.

Last edited:
Just east of the 501 King East Building (see above) there is 507 King East - an office building (possibly live-work?). Just walked past and saw that they are taking soil samples from their back-yard parking area. Another development site coming??

Just east of the 501 King East Building (see above) there is 507 King East - an office building (possibly live-work?). Just walked past and saw that they are taking soil samples from their back-yard parking area. Another development site coming??
Which the Relief Line will basically run under as well. I always wonder if developers are aware of these things, but I suspect they are.

Back