Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

February 18, 2018:
IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_8985.jpg

As seen from The Distillery District
IMG_8984.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8986.jpg
    IMG_8986.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_8985.jpg
    IMG_8985.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_8984.jpg
    IMG_8984.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 931
If all the proposals between Yonge and Parliament get approved, those shots would look radically different in 10 years (or even 5)

It's gonna say "CF", which to most Torontonians--much less visitors--will mean absolutely nothing. Might as well put a giant "Rosebud" sign up there and see if any reporters can interpret its profound, multifaceted meaning.

It's gonna say "CF", which to most Torontonians--much less visitors--will mean absolutely nothing. Might as well put a giant "Rosebud" sign up there and see if any reporters can interpret its profound, multifaceted meaning.

So it means nothing to most today. It surely will over time as people get used to it. Most logos mean little when they first are introduced. Cadillac Fairview is trying to build a consumer brand. No harm in that and this will certainly help towards that goal.

I don't know, building management doesn't exactly strike me as a consumer item that requires a catchy logo to increase impulse buying. But what do I know, I'm not in the biz. Maybe kids will see the big flashy letters and beg their parents to take them exclusively to CF malls.

So it means nothing to most today. It surely will over time as people get used to it. Most logos mean little when they first are introduced. Cadillac Fairview is trying to build a consumer brand. No harm in that and this will certainly help towards that goal.

Meh. Maybe. Do people care about the "brand" of their shopping mall? Does it make a discernible difference to shoppers? Does anyone in real life actually say "CF Toronto Eaton Centre", "CF Sherway Gardens", etc.? Does anyone leave any of those malls thinking about CF? Might people recognize it as something they saw at the mall? Maybe? Will it make any difference? Jury is out, I suppose, but my guess is that the logo will continue to mean little to most people.

Meh. Maybe. Do people care about the "brand" of their shopping mall? Does it make a discernible difference to shoppers? Does anyone in real life actually say "CF Toronto Eaton Centre", "CF Sherway Gardens", etc.? Does anyone leave any of those malls thinking about CF? Might people recognize it as something they saw at the mall? Maybe? Will it make any difference? Jury is out, I suppose, but my guess is that the logo will continue to mean little to most people.

The average mall customer will not care. But as a real estate company the CF brand is important to their corporate customers both current and potential. What's the harm to CF in doing this? Now they'll have their brand in the faces of all those corporate towers nearby for a fairly cheap price. I'd put the UrbanToronto logo up their in a heartbeat if I could even if 99% of the people seeing it had no clue what it meant.

Any little thing to raise Cystic Fibrosis awareness can only be good.

The average mall customer will not care. But as a real estate company the CF brand is important to their corporate customers both current and potential. What's the harm to CF in doing this? Now they'll have their brand in the faces of all those corporate towers nearby for a fairly cheap price. I'd put the UrbanToronto logo up their in a heartbeat if I could even if 99% of the people seeing it had no clue what it meant.

Sure, but I can't imagine that corporate customers like potential tenants are in any way impressed by this consumer-facing branding in the malls. The tower logo might be a different matter, but it's aimed at a select group (unlike, say, the bank logos, etc. on other Financial District towers) who I can't imagine are making decisions based on this.

The UT logo would be a completely different matter. And I would support it on top of the Old City Hall clock tower, in neon on a revolving platform.

Any little thing to raise Cystic Fibrosis awareness can only be good.

Not to mention the Chlamydia Foundation which doesn't get nearly enough support.

Let's not forget how the logo primarily raises awareness, support and sympathy for the Cluster-F**ks of our society. Their need is great, their challenges many.

Kellie.jpg

Attachments

• Kellie.jpg
    Kellie.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 588

Back