Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

It’s not on purpose. The intent of this construction is to try and entice the filling of long-vacant retail vacancy.

The Bloor-facing retail has been vacant for literally years. They took it to base-building a while back in hopes of getting something.

Friends at Cushman have outright told me that 33 Bloor is having money issues. There were vacancies of entire floors for extended periods of time, and retail has suffered since Roy’s Square disappeared.

I hope they’re able to enact the makeover, but I’m willing to bet it’s entirely dependent on long-term retail leases being signed first.
I'm pretty sure they're planning for the renovation. Part of the organization I work for used to have offices on the 1st floor of 33 Bloor, but they were forced to move at the end of their lease 6 months ago, presumably for this renovation and the conversion of those offices to retail.

I don't think they'd tell an office tenant to leave, if these plans were not a reality.

I saw tenants on the main floor not too long ago which LNahid2000 confirms. It's understandable it would take time to lease the space made available when Xerox left. It's leased now.

For some reason I get the impression you want this building to fail. The difference in grade between Bloor and Hayden is about 5 feet or 8 steps. I don't know how you can fit 104 parking spaces in that. Makes more sense they lease off site and probably from the Green P lot. The co-working space is leased space by a $20 billion company that provides co-working space. (Wework surviving beyond this tech boom notwithstanding)

Last edited:
For some reason I get the impression you want this building to fail. The difference in grade between Bloor and Hayden is about 5 feet or 8 steps. I don't know how you can fit 104 parking spaces in that.

I have no vested interest in its success or failure, i’ve just been disappointed as I’ve watched it falter and fail in 12 years of living in the area. There have been serious financial issues there; even not knowing what I’ve been told, years of vacancies, broken accessibility doors, elevators, escalators being in repairs for excruciatingly long periods of have shown its issues.

As a regular user of that north entrance, I’d love to see this makeover go through. It sorely needs it.

As for underground parking, I’ll concede they lease some spots at the lot next door, but if you look into the garage door when it’s open, there are spots visible. It’s a slight grade, but enough to argue it’s at ground level (from Hayden).

60AC02FD-CBC3-4AEB-9E28-1AA07D04DFD8.jpeg

Attachments

• 60AC02FD-CBC3-4AEB-9E28-1AA07D04DFD8.jpeg
    60AC02FD-CBC3-4AEB-9E28-1AA07D04DFD8.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 466
While it dominates the area now, I think it will be a great compliment to The One once it's up. The bronze vs blue/white will be a nice contrast for the corner.

really goes to show how tall The One will be.
It's great that Toronto's most famous street, arguably, will be getting the tallest towers.

Edit: by street I mean Yonge, though Bloor is getting some fine additions around it as well.

Nordstrom has an application sign up on their window that is asking for a total of 15 signs of various sizes.

Would that include decal signing on doors too? Struggling to understand how you'd need 15 signs...

Back