News   Apr 24, 2024
 572     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 792     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 536     0 

Blue Jays

I believe the team checks their eyes routinely throughout the year - if his eyesight was that bad, they would've found out.

Bautista also has a reputation for taking extreme care of himself. Are we really to believe he had bad eyesight and just ignored it, especially in a contract year?

This was just a ploy by him and his agent to drum up interest.

Yep. I don't believe for a second that a professional athlete making millions didn't have his eyes checked by the team. I've worked minimum wage factory jobs that required an eye test!

Last edited:
At this point Bautitsa is going to have trouble getting a minor league invite. He should've got an eye test last year when he was playing for the Jays to pick up his mutual option or a new contract with another team. ;)

As for the Jays, a Wildcard spot is possible this season, but everything has to go almost perfectly.

With a few injuries this team could be as bad (or worse) than it was last year.

The Rays are blowing up the team as if they are throwing in the towel this season. Maybe we can actually do well against them this season.

Jp Arencibia
@jparencibia9
Opening day around the corner and I’ve got some pretty exciting news to share with all my @BlueJays fans. You will be seeing and hearing a lot more of me... Announcement coming soon.

He has become a fan favorite lately.

Blue Jays broadcaster Jerry Howarth retires after 36 seasons https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-broadcaster-jerry-howarth-retires-36-seasons/

His voice will be greatly missed this season. He is such a class act! I really hope Jerry isn't replaced by the egomaniac Mike Wilner. I've listen to his call in radio show, he can't have a conversation without insulting and belittling people. I don't know what Sportsnet see's in this guy?

Ben Wagner & Dan Shulman join Sportsnet’s Blue Jays radio broadcast team

TORONTO–As announced on Baseball Central moments ago, former Buffalo Bisons announcer Ben Wagner has been called up from triple-A to become the new radio voice of the Toronto Blue Jays on the Sportsnet Radio Network.

Award-winning broadcaster Dan Shulman also steps into the radio broadcast booth for a collection of regular season games, while Sportsnet veteran Mike Wilner continues to be a part of the broadcast team and host Blue Jays Talk throughout the 2018 campaign.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/m...in-sportsnets-blue-jays-radio-broadcast-team/

Ben Wagner & Dan Shulman join Sportsnet’s Blue Jays radio broadcast team

TORONTO–As announced on Baseball Central moments ago, former Buffalo Bisons announcer Ben Wagner has been called up from triple-A to become the new radio voice of the Toronto Blue Jays on the Sportsnet Radio Network.

Award-winning broadcaster Dan Shulman also steps into the radio broadcast booth for a collection of regular season games, while Sportsnet veteran Mike Wilner continues to be a part of the broadcast team and host Blue Jays Talk throughout the 2018 campaign.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/m...in-sportsnets-blue-jays-radio-broadcast-team/

Excellent news! I wouldn't listen to the games if Wilner got the job. The guy is such a Rogers cooperate shill, I'm kind of surprised he didn't get the gig. Maybe Rogers dislikes him as much as the fans lol. Wagner is good and Shulman is one of the best broadcasters in the business.

Back