Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

I wonder if a bank would scoop this up.

60+ floors with generous amenities would allow the kind of centralization CIBC will derive tremendous benefits from.

With a name like "The Hub" my guess is that they aren't really going after the banks. Looks more like a big tower designed to attract multiple tech firms who can easily share resources, information, and build the technology of the future in one modern, new age design. That's just my guess. I'd look for companies like Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Oracle, Facebook, Salesforce, etc.

Looking at downtown from the Eastern side of the Islands, with a 65 floor 30 Bay St, 270 metres tall...
5qsTW8z.png

Whats this building that I have the arrow pointing at in the attached pic?
30 Bay Street    m   45s   Oxford Properties   Kohn Pedersen Fox   Page 16   UrbanToronto.png

Attachments

• 30 Bay Street    m   45s   Oxford Properties   Kohn Pedersen Fox   Page 16   UrbanToronto.png
    30 Bay Street m 45s Oxford Properties Kohn Pedersen Fox Page 16 UrbanToronto.png
    554.9 KB · Views: 676
Last edited by a moderator:
can probably date roughly on the point Harbour Plaza is in construction. The photo is from March or April of 2016, it appears, which means the render is probably from a few months later.

That may have been used in attempts to secure CIBC, given the date. May or may not reflect the current design.

@MoshiMoshiii is that the version you've seen?

AoD

Nope, the tower I saw remind me a little bit The One, with a mix of glass and metal, a lot of huge windows (kind of solariums for open space) with trees inside.

The last storeys/roof was quite interesting too, all in clear glass, with trees inside.
So I just figured out my client is the Vice president leasing at Oxford so i’m pretty confident on what I saw.

Next update with pictures in a month or so

Nope, the tower I saw remind me a little bit The One, with a mix of glass and metal, a lot of huge windows (kind of solariums for open space) with trees inside.

The last storeys/roof was quite interesting too, all in clear glass, with trees inside.
So I just figured out my client is the Vice president leasing at Oxford so i’m pretty confident on what I saw.

Next update with pictures in a month or so

Thanks for the info! My guess is that with a website launched and with a completion date of 2023 the public will start hearing details in the near future. The city needs to have the plans soon to start re-zoning which can be a year long process. Appreciate all the details.

An exoskeleton office tower is exactly what Toronto needs - really hope Oxford brought A+ architecture here, with a big fail on value engineering.

Back