Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The only station name that I think is legitimately possible to confuse is Central Parkway, as there is a Central Parkway station on the Mississauga Transitway already.

But if we're going to embark on this kind of unique station naming quest, you should really rename all stations by their cross-streets so that the names are truly unique and not confused for anywhere else. Just because the Dundas station at Yonge was named that first doesn't give that station any more right to that name than the station on Hurontario. Rename them Dundas-Yonge and Dundas-Hurontario if you want to go that route. Otherwise, let's just live with duplicate station names. Or maybe put the line name in parantheses after. Dundas (1) and Dundas (H) or something along those lines.

Central Parkway West changes to Creditview Rd. south of 403, so no duplicated station names on the Transitway if a station is built there.

Also, the Dundas station on the Hurontario LRT is just a surface stop, not a facility along a totally dedicated ROW like a subway station, so duplication shouldn't really matter.

The only station name that I think is legitimately possible to confuse is Central Parkway, as there is a Central Parkway station on the Mississauga Transitway already.

But if we're going to embark on this kind of unique station naming quest, you should really rename all stations by their cross-streets so that the names are truly unique and not confused for anywhere else. Just because the Dundas station at Yonge was named that first doesn't give that station any more right to that name than the station on Hurontario. Rename them Dundas-Yonge and Dundas-Hurontario if you want to go that route. Otherwise, let's just live with duplicate station names. Or maybe put the line name in parantheses after. Dundas (1) and Dundas (H) or something along those lines.

The Central Parkway stop could be called "Elm". That is where the 3 Bloor routes after all.

A lot of streets continue across the boundary with the same name already.

Duplication of names is bound to happen. Within Toronto because of amalgamation we have two Morningside Avenues, two Church Streets, two Lansdowne Avenues, two King Streets and there may be other examples.

People should just have the common sense to know and be able to differentiate between say Eglinton GO Station and Eglinton TTC Station. If New Yorkers can navigate their metro system with names repeating several times, so can we.

Metrolinx has a listing of all the property to be expropriated that is needed for the LRT in this week Mississauga News that takes up 6 pages for 85 locations.

There is a write up for the line including the Alstom cars to be used for the line.

Found it odd they republished a write up on a group wanting a stop that was published in Jan

So in Metrolinx's last Town Hall, someone was concerned about the Hurontario LRT being operated not by MiWay nor Brampton Transit leading to being worried about needing to pay a double fare and be inconvenienced by existing service being removed. I understand the second part of the issue, where people who currently take 1 bus, may have to take 2 buses and the LRT, though that is a specific travel pattern that may be changed by route routing and service changes. However, I have no idea why the first part was an issue raised. Verster explained that a different operator does not mean the fare structure will be different, as it is up to Brampton Transit and MiWay to decide how that would work. Did anyone else think that the fare structure would be different? The question came as a surprise to me, as I didn't think anyone thought that this would be the case. Although, the lack of information on these things do lead to people having wild speculations.

I know this has been discussed in the past, but how insulated is this project from the Provincial election? Are we closer to the point of no return, or is there a good chance this can get canceled under a new government?

I know this has been discussed in the past, but how insulated is this project from the Provincial election? Are we closer to the point of no return, or is there a good chance this can get canceled under a new government?

Look up Eglinton Subway. Nothing is safe.

Does anyone know if the new money announced for Mississauga will go to the Hurontario LRT project or is that independent of this new money? Would be nice if it wasn’t. Money could go to build a new transit terminal on the Playdium lands (to serve LRT, Transitway, GO & Miway), complete the central portion of the transitway with stations at Mavis and Creditview and Dundas BRT. What an opportunity that would be!

Does anyone know if the new money announced for Mississauga will go to the Hurontario LRT project or is that independent of this new money? Would be nice if it wasn’t. Money could go to build a new transit terminal on the Playdium lands (to serve LRT, Transitway, GO & Miway), complete the central portion of the transitway with stations at Mavis and Creditview and Dundas BRT. What an opportunity that would be!

I don't think the new money will be for the HuLRT. As the HuLRT is so far along in procurement, and the province has been happy to take responsibility and credit for it so far, I think that ship has sailed. I could be wrong however, but I think it is unlikely. Mississauga has stated that they want to develop a proper transit hub around Rathburn station, so maybe the new funds will flow to this.

I don't think the new money will be for the HuLRT. As the HuLRT is so far along in procurement, and the province has been happy to take responsibility and credit for it so far, I think that ship has sailed. I could be wrong however, but I think it is unlikely. Mississauga has stated that they want to develop a proper transit hub around Rathburn station, so maybe the new funds will flow to this.

Or to forward the planning for Dundas BRT.

Back