Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

It’s funny this thread got bumped because this afternoon I saw a client (I’m barber) who works for Oxford in sales and he showed me rendering of this future tower on their new app and it’s nothing comparable to the current rendering right now.
I didn’t dare to ask him if I could take a picture of the real rendering to post it here but next time I see him ( a month or so) I will.
He told me it’s gonna be 60 something storeys, of what I saw the tower is much better than the rendering we have.

The tower it’s called The Hub and they created a really nice app for the sales in 3D where you can see all the details you can even zoom inside.

I will post more news next time
Sorry for my english

Wow this is a crazy coincidence. Thank you very much for the update...I am potentially dodging a bullet, definitely going to hold off on that condo until I find out more about this. That's a huge change.

Does anyone know how to find out more? I checked the Toronto building permit site and there's nothing...guess we'll have to wait?

Usually hotel and condo floor plates average about 9 to 10 feet with the floor included. And office floor plates average about 12 to 15 with the floor included. So when you stack both office and hotel, condo together. You can see it takes more condo, hotel plates to balance with an office plates. So a 45 storey office building comes close to about 55 to 65 storey condo building depending on the height of each plate.

Very informative, thanks.

Last edited:
Wow ! Something very big will happen with 30 Bay very soon .
I can't wait to see the new renders of the tower. I think it will be next big office tower to go up.
The website indicates that the tower will open in 2023.
Does that mean that the construction could start this year ?
Thanks in advance !

http://thehub30bay.com/

That's different. Getting a strong co work space vibe from that intro.

60 floors too? That would be a beast then since its commercial. Eagerly looking forward to hearing more details.

With Oxford already operating their own co-working spaces on front street, I wonder if this changes the dynamics of office development? Is there less risk to building on spec if they believe some of the space could easily be filled with co-working space (especially on such a prime site)? If the economy tanks, then demand for all kinds of space would of course suffer, but this would at least provide more flexibility.

Also, some speculation on a possible lead tenant: Salesforce.com is at WaterPark Place next door (also Oxford) and have recently announced a big Canadian expansion:

Salesforce investing $2 billion in Canada, as U.S. tech firms head north
"Salesforce said it would increase its Canadian office space, data center capacity and 1,000-strong workforce, without giving details."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...da-as-u-s-tech-firms-head-north-idUSKBN1FS3AB

Last edited:
It’s funny this thread got bumped because this afternoon I saw a client (I’m barber) who works for Oxford in sales and he showed me rendering of this future tower on their new app and it’s nothing comparable to the current rendering right now.
I didn’t dare to ask him if I could take a picture of the real rendering to post it here but next time I see him ( a month or so) I will.
He told me it’s gonna be 60 something storeys, of what I saw the tower is much better than the rendering we have.

The tower it’s called The Hub and they created a really nice app for the sales in 3D where you can see all the details you can even zoom inside.

I will post more news next time
Sorry for my english

Any chance you could describe the tower he showed you... in what way was it different for example? Was it still box shaped? Did it have a spire on top or a sloped roof? Cheers for the news.

8D465A56-9711-44CD-A124-2184BEADB2B3.jpeg

They are anticipating this to be done in 5 years by 2023

Attachments

• 8D465A56-9711-44CD-A124-2184BEADB2B3.jpeg
    8D465A56-9711-44CD-A124-2184BEADB2B3.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,136
Hmm? if that's the case it would have to break ground by early 2019...
strange that without no development application submitted how that can happen

My thoughts exactly. I'm not familiar with how fast the real estate development pipeline moves, but for a change from 45 to 60 storeys and a placeholder website (with 2017 copyright markings), it seems like a lot of pieces are moving into place before any public record of it. Worth keeping an eye on for sure.

Looks like a building that will be geared towards tech companies. Salesforce would be a good fit, and remember that Amazon is moving into a new Oxford building in Vancouver. Microsoft, Google, IBM and WeWork have been reported to be looking to expand downtown, among others. 2023 is probably too far out for these companies’ current expansion plans, but if this is marketed towards tech it’ll solidify Southcore as the city’s tech hub.

Back