News   Apr 23, 2024
 20     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 822     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 284     0 

Yonge-Dundas Square/Sankofa Square (Brown + Storey Architects)

I can't say you're that convincing with your neon tubes contains neon. I don't know much about neon

I can't say you've convinced me with your self admitted lack of knowledge...but thanks for contributing.

Neon glows orange, other colours are made by blending gasses or using mercury vapour, fluorescent coatings and coloured glass.

That’s going to be massive sign
F7D6C7BD-EEC0-468F-BDE7-DEA34E4B35A3.jpeg

Attachments

• F7D6C7BD-EEC0-468F-BDE7-DEA34E4B35A3.jpeg
    F7D6C7BD-EEC0-468F-BDE7-DEA34E4B35A3.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 378
So what's the point of this? Just a bigger taller sign..? Also do they plan on replacing the canopy? I was a nice spot to stand under when it was raining if you were in the square.

it is annoying to view the skeleton sign of Sam's recording sign..Even tourist told me, it is better to remove and replace better one..
Every time I look at that Sam's sign it irks me, especially when I hear the media/politicians talk about how great it is that the sign is back up, without a word about it looking nothing like the original sign! From some angles, it looks horrible! (like at Dundas & Bay street)

Is this new sign going to have ugly, concrete poles dominate the main entrance to the square? Is no thought ever given to how these things affect the aesthetics of the square? So far, I am not liking what I see! I don't mind large signs, just make them attractive and professional/sleek looking! Is the backing going to be ugly and exposed to everyone sitting in the square?

Toronto does have a very bad habit of leaving the messy wires and inner workings exposed to the public. Just look at the signage on the Atrium, which is ugly as hell!

Last edited:
It all seems rather underwhelming and tawdry to me, but I agree the Sam sign perched awkwardly on that office block certainly doesn't improve things.

Nine more video screens are to be added to the new Shopper's at the former Hard Rock location -- 2 large square ones spanning the second and third storey at the Southwest corner of the building, and 7 small, rectangular ones running lengthwise between the 2nd and third floor windows on the North side (maybe one of them is on the West Side, too).

Nine more video screens are to be added to the new Shopper's at the former Hard Rock location -- 2 large square ones spanning the second and third storey at the Southwest corner of the building, and 7 small, rectangular ones running lengthwise between the 2nd and third floor windows on the North side (maybe one of them is on the West Side, too).

holy cow!! <3

Took a pic of the application posted on site, the larger corner signs actually span the first and second storeys and the smaller ones (5 on the North side, 2 on the West side) run between the first and second storey.
56B32953-C872-4E22-B880-852BE8F7880E.jpeg

Attachments

• 56B32953-C872-4E22-B880-852BE8F7880E.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 632

Back