Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

You must know more than me. I'm not aware of any agreements between the board of trade that runs the world trade offices and Oxford 30 Bay. So when does construction start? Naming rights going to the banks are always the safest bet for anything large.

You must know more than me. I'm not aware of any agreements between the board of trade that runs the world trade offices and Oxford 30 Bay. So when does construction start? Naming rights going to the banks are always the safest bet for anything large.

Read this and you might realize that there will be a bit more than the 50.000 sq. ft. (that you pulled out of a hat) going up somewhere in Toronto
Rumour has it @ 30 Bay, again just a rumour
http://wtctoronto.com

Are you serious? You inferred 30 Bay will be the World Trade Centre when you said Oxford won't be building 6 storeys and 50,000 sq foot building on the site. Then you follow up with chest thumping over an article that doesn't include any specs on the space the BofT is pursuing. It doesn't even register with you that 50,000 square feet is a good chunk space in Toronto.

Anyways, you're just speculating too. Eventually, you're going to reach too deep and hurt yourself.

Note: The 50,000 square feet is on you too. I only said their current office space is about 50,000 square feet. I don't know what they are looking for and have no desire to predict it. I can say with completely confidence it won't be a 2 million plus square foot supertall.

Don’t know why WTC was brought up here...

Toronto BoT is looking to market an upcoming office development as the Toronto World Trade Centre. It’s a marketing ploy. They need a developer to partner with and it may or may not be Oxford with 30 Bay.

Same rules of pre-leasing apply. No naming rights I assume.

*fact that BoT is looking to house 50k sqf of space in this is inconsequential.

Why not Oxford at the convention centre? Thats the site for a significant building. Plus it's more central. 30 Bay is too far south to be as connected as it would need to be.

The guys on Skyscraperpage are saying that Oxford is seriously pitching prospective tenants for this building.
I don't think we are that far from a big announcement.
I would be glad if this tower could go up very soon!

Does anyone know if 30 Bay having 45 storeys is final? What are the chances this building ends up higher when all is said and done?
I'm looking at buying a condo in Harbour Plaza that could be impacted by it. This is my first time trying to get a feel for how set-in-stone pre-construction plans are, so would definitely appreciate the input.

Thanks

Does anyone know if 30 Bay having 45 storeys is final? What are the chances this building ends up higher when all is said and done?
I'm looking at buying a condo in Harbour Plaza that could be impacted by it. This is my first time trying to get a feel for how set-in-stone pre-construction plans are, so would definitely appreciate the input.

Thanks

The height is nowhere near final. It could be 10 storeys shorter, or 20 storeys higher. And keep in mind, commercial storeys are taller than residential ones.

Unless the building backs onto a ravine or a Victorian neighbourhood with heritage protection, never buy a Toronto condo for the view.

If I remember correctly, there is an as of right height that Oxford can work instead of going through a multi-year rezoning process.

Thanks
Nothing is set in stone, but remember even a 45 storey office tower in height could be anywhere around 220-230m which would impact some southern views,
also don't forget the the Conference Centre to the south will sooner or later be developed with a tall tower

The height is nowhere near final. It could be 10 storeys shorter, or 20 storeys higher. And keep in mind, commercial storeys are taller than residential ones.

Unless the building backs onto a ravine or a Victorian neighbourhood with heritage protection, never buy a Toronto condo for the view.

Thanks, yes I figured the storey's wouldn't be 1:1 with residential ones. The unit is in the top floors and based on the renders it looks like the roof slopes downward toward Harbour Plaza / upward toward CIBC park, which gives a bit more of a safety margin than otherwise.

If I remember correctly, there is an as of right height that Oxford can work instead of going through a multi-year rezoning process.

Sorry, what does this mean? What's an "as of right height" and do we know what it is for 30 Bay? I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly but I'm very interested to learn more...

Nothing is set in stone, but remember even a 45 storey office tower in height could be anywhere around 220-230m which would impact some southern views,
also don't forget the the Conference Centre to the south will sooner or later be developed with a tall tower

Very much agreed on the Westin, I'm mainly concerned just about buying a condo that will look directly into an office building 10-20ft away. I've seen some Harbour Plaza units that face the Sun Life tower and it's shocking how close it is and how little privacy they get.

Apologies for the triple post...
Wikipedia says 30 Bay is planned to be 206m currently with 45 storeys.
Harbour Plaza East is 237m according to the same list, though it claims only 67 storeys (however I know the floor count goes up to 72, not sure how this works or if the list is simply wrong).

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. I made a big gaff. I meant to say as of right zoning which allows them to build a big tower without seeking approval.

Office tower have higher ceiling heights than condos. Harbour Plaza has 70 and 66 floors respectively. The floor numbering is just different

Usually hotel and condo floor plates average about 9 to 10 feet with the floor included. And office floor plates average about 12 to 15 with the floor included. So when you stack both office and hotel, condo together. You can see it takes more condo, hotel plates to balance with an office plates. So a 45 storey office building comes close to about 55 to 65 storey condo building depending on the height of each plate.

It’s funny this thread got bumped because this afternoon I saw a client (I’m barber) who works for Oxford in sales and he showed me rendering of this future tower on their new app and it’s nothing comparable to the current rendering right now.
I didn’t dare to ask him if I could take a picture of the real rendering to post it here but next time I see him ( a month or so) I will.
He told me it’s gonna be 60 something storeys, of what I saw the tower is much better than the rendering we have.

The tower it’s called The Hub and they created a really nice app for the sales in 3D where you can see all the details you can even zoom inside.

I will post more news next time
Sorry for my english

Back