News   Apr 16, 2024
 51     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If it were 4460, I would be more worried. 4400 may have a few things swept under the floorboards that got corrected once Bombardier figured out how to assemble them. Actually, the crappy cleaning job and all that road salt on the floor is what worries me. Hope those things are well rustproofed.

Which reminds me....whatever happened to 4401? iIRC 4400 and 4402 were retrofitted with the new ramp design, but 4401 never was. Is it sitting somewhere? Should it be moved to Rockwood now, as an Avro-Arrow style museum piece, before somebody decides to cut it up? Or will it be the last car accepted....once the moss has been removed and the ramp installed?

- Paul

If it were 4460, I would be more worried. 4400 may have a few things swept under the floorboards that got corrected once Bombardier figured out how to assemble them. Actually, the crappy cleaning job and all that road salt on the floor is what worries me. Hope those things are well rustproofed.

Which reminds me....whatever happened to 4401? iIRC 4400 and 4402 were retrofitted with the new ramp design, but 4401 never was. Is it sitting somewhere? Should it be moved to Rockwood now, as an Avro-Arrow style museum piece, before somebody decides to cut it up? Or will it be the last car accepted....once the moss has been removed and the ramp installed?

- Paul
Last I heard 4401 was still sitting at Leslie. Up until now that was hardly a problem but now that Roncesvalles is closing maybe space will be at more of a premium.

Looks like there may be 2 more cars coming. There was a report of a blockage up north on CP that may have delayed one en route, with the second ready to ship.

- Paul

I thought it was being used as a training car?
There seem to be conflicting opinions (mostly negative) as to whether 4401 is permitted by Bombardier to be a training car since it is not accepted by the TTC. I think it was seen doing some clearance runs when the Cherry St alignment was being completed but apart from that...

I've never seen it out as a training car. Saw 4411 with 4426 not far away as training cars one day last week.

And I saw a CLRV out ... yesterday I think. Surprised they are still training on them much.

It's parked outside the barn at Leslie right now.

upload_2018-2-13_15-52-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-13_15-52-5.png
    upload_2018-2-13_15-52-5.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 528
This car is not used as a training car, it is only used by Bombardier to conduct tests.
I've never seen it out as a training car. Saw 4411 with 4426 not far away as training cars one day last week.

And I saw a CLRV out ... yesterday I think. Surprised they are still training on them much.

It's parked outside the barn at Leslie right now.

View attachment 134740
They will continue to train new operators on the CLRVs and ALRVs until the last cars are retired.

How far along is the 504 to being fully converted to Flexity? I’m seeing fewer and fewer legacy cars on King these days.

Update: Brad says that 22 Flexity vehicles are running on the 504 at peak. Not sure how many are remaining.

Last edited:
How far along is the 504 to being fully converted to Flexity? I’m seeing fewer and fewer legacy cars on King these days.

Update: Brad says that 22 Flexity vehicles are running on the 504 at peak. Not sure how many are remaining.

There's 22 Flexity vehicles on King: 10 on 514 CHERRY, 12 on 504 KING, for a total of 22.

I did see a new streetcar on a flatbed CP train (or could of been CSX as I did see one of those engines too) at Spadina/Dupont. It was immediately followed by a GO car. Oddly it was moving away from Hillcrest, and due to my angle could not make out the streetcar number.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-15_2-26-9.png
    upload_2018-2-15_2-26-9.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 271
  • upload_2018-2-15_2-25-19.png
    upload_2018-2-15_2-25-19.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
Oddly it was moving away from Hillcrest, and due to my angle could not make out the streetcar number.

That's quite normal. The road train that brings the cars from Thunder Bay takes them all the way across town to the yard in Agincourt, where they are switched out and picked up by a local train that brings them back over to Hillcrest. It's being delivered this morning.

The next delivery has left Thunder Bay.

- Paul

Back