Toronto 65 King Street East | 82.9m | 18s | Carttera | WZMH

I liked the original proposal with the bric motif . In addition I really liked how they treated the actual streetscape with bollards and brick pavers. Is this streetscape just an idea or an actual proposal? Meanwhile whatever happens i will be happy that little Colborne St. will be improved and the ugly parking lots will be built upon.

I guess this is what you get when a bunch of finance guys start developing buildings on their own. Buildings start to look like excel spreadsheets. Ha.

Yup, though at the same time, Oxford/Brookfield are essentially all finance guys (and, yes, mostly guys) and manage to put out stuff miles better than this pile.

I'm not saying that everything has to do backflips, but for a city which nauseatingly continues to tout its 'world class-ness', we should be trying harder than this.

Though I share your opinion that our new developments could be far better, I am not really sure how 'the City' can really guarantee this. Developers are in the business of making money, the City can control developments (if the OMB does not over-rule them) through the zoning and site plans. These can deal with measurable things like height and density, not sure how they can deal with "wow-ness'.

The city as in its residents and businesses are in control of what gets built.

CCA13E26-69A9-4019-9AE7-474B817FBAB7.jpeg

Attachments

• CCA13E26-69A9-4019-9AE7-474B817FBAB7.jpeg
    CCA13E26-69A9-4019-9AE7-474B817FBAB7.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 706
Yes putting the design aside for now. I agree bringing employment and density to this area is a very good thing.

Back