News   Apr 24, 2024
 53     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 405     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 437     0 

Toronto FC

I still can't believe the treble. Yesterday was a write off. Rally today was surreal. Thanks be to the mulled wine tent at NPS. Couldn't let Jozy be the only one still going from Saturday. Really happy that Cheyrou got to be on the pitch for the end of that match. Aaaand I'm super happy for Jozy after all the shit he's been dealing with in the last two months. What a fu^king beauty!

That was as complete a dominating performance as you're likely to see. Seattle barely showed up. The best performance by Michael Bradley I've seen and perhaps the best played game by the entire squad.
Not true. Seattle showed up for the clinic. They were in town to learn how football is played. Respect to Frei though...he showed up to play and not just learn.

....and Canadian Championship....and CCL.....and the league!

Van der Wiel is a pretty damn good substitute for Beita and is along the lines of Vazquez, Hassler, and Mavinga in terms of signings: good players for relatively cheap and rather under the radar having experienced careers stall and coming here to invigorate their football.

I'm friggin' stoked for the 20th! Cooooome oooooon yooooouuuuuuu Reeeeeeeeeeeds!!!!!

....and Canadian Championship....and CCL.....and the league!

Van der Wiel is a pretty damn good substitute for Beita and is along the lines of Vazquez, Hassler, and Mavinga in terms of signings: good players for relatively cheap and rather under the radar having experienced careers stall and coming here to invigorate their football.

I'm friggin' stoked for the 20th! Cooooome oooooon yooooouuuuuuu Reeeeeeeeeeeds!!!!!
Really excited to see how Van der Wiel performs. I hope coming to Toronto is the move that he needed to get his career back on track.

Really excited to see how Van der Wiel performs. I hope coming to Toronto is the move that he needed to get his career back on track.

Deffo. I hope he turns out to be a snake in the grass like Vazquez was last season. After a couple matches....oh, hello, where did you come from?

If he pans out, I may even buy a shirt. I only have one.....the original red shirt from before the 2007 season with no sponsor yet. I haven't bought one since (actually, didn't buy that one either, it was a gift). I'm a bit of a casual, one might say.

Toronto FC sign defender Auro
February 13, 201811:51AM EST

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that the club has signed defender Auro Alvaro da Cruz Junior “Auro” on loan with an option to buy from Brazilian club, São Paulo FC (São Paulo).

“Auro is a young and versatile defender that will provide us with flexibility within our line-up, both on the left and right side,” said Toronto FC Sr. Vice President of Soccer Operations & General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. “We are pleased to bring him in on a loan deal with an option to buy for the future.”

Auro, 22, made a combined 34 appearances in Brazil’s Serie A and the Campeonato Paulista in three seasons with São Paulo. He has spent time on loan at Clube Atlético Linense (2016) and most recently in 2017 with América Futebol Clube (America-MG). With América-MG, he made a combined 14 appearances between Brazil’s Serie B, Primeira Liga and Mineiro 1 competitions. Auro returned to São Paulo earlier this year after his loan had ended.

Auro has represented his native Brazil at both the U-17 and U-20 youth levels.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/02/13/toronto-fc-sign-defender-auro

Well, that was disgraceful.

What's the plan, boys? Playing worse in each subsequent match with results to fit.

Wednesday might be a bit of a horror show.

Well, Wednesday was not so much of a horror show. TFC still has their work cut out for them next week in Mexico. They have to play aggressively and get an early goal. TFC has a chance and I'm looking forward to the match!

That was friggin' hectic. It was like a midnight workout. I had an elevated heart rate for the entirety of the match.
I like how they concacafed us at the end but we still came away on top. That penalty was a rubbish call, the ref even knew it right after. Too bad it went in because Gignac's attempt was pretty weak.
Delgado seems to be pretty hit and miss. First leg he played really well, but last night he made it look like turning the ball over was his job.
I hope Morrow's alright, could be a decent knee injury. Mavinga's looked soft so I'm sure he's fine. Speaking of Mavinga, glad he signed a contract extension.....they guy's tackles are precision!

Anyone else worried about how van der Wiel is looking? I know it's early and I remember Vazquez last season also starting off a bit soft when he first came here, but another three weeks of how he's played in the last two matches and I'm going to really worry.

We need to get in the rhythm of league play to get the squad all sorted. We've played 5 matches but only 1 league tie. Glad for the break in CCL.

MTL away on Saturday after that nerve-basher last night....the fun never stops.

Smash those dirty bleu, blanc et noir *****!

Back