Toronto Rise Condos | 76.5m | 23s | Reserve Properties | Graziani + Corazza

Here...
TJ210312.JPG

Attachments

• TJ210312.JPG
    TJ210312.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 613
Gotta say I like the motif on the corner. I wish it carried through to the rest of the building.

Indeed. The east side is a big letdown.

IMG_7654.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7654.JPG
    IMG_7654.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 538
If they at least kept it all in that dark glass with maybe some metallic silver railings on the balconies it could have looked significantly better, unfortunately "cheap, cheap....save, save" mentality rules for most Ontario developers.

If they at least kept it all in that dark glass with maybe some metallic silver railings on the balconies it could have looked significantly better, unfortunately "cheap, cheap....save, save" mentality rules for Graziani+Corazza.

fixed. You can do better, even on limited budgets.

I think you broke it, actually. There are few cheaply clad buildings by anyone that look noticeably better than any other architectural firm's. I say it has far, far more to do with budget, which is the developer's to set.

Unfortunately, I agree. See Tridel, aA and, Alter.

We've hit $1000 a square foot. Budgets are in the hundreds of millions. The added costs are a small fraction of what they used to be and window wall still reigns supreme.

Does anyone have any insight on what the retail/commercial use may be for this development? It looks to be a rather large component of the podium, I'm curious who may be moving in.

Back