Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

they fund them, but yes, I don't think the liberals specifically caused the Nipigon River bridge to fail. That would be on the engineering consultants or the contractor.

Political parties don't build infrastructure.

If SSE had an engineering failure - would the Liberals be blamed in any ways?
Would wrong choice of route, rushing of contract, poor contract model, be tied to the government, or is it still all on the engineers (design or construction).

It could be tied to the government, but there is a bureaucracy in the way as well.

One could legitimately blame the executive but not a political party.

Lowest bidder builds them.
Is it always the case?

You get what you pay for and going with the lowest bidder is never a good idea. At least in my 19 year experience in construction. If infrastructure projects are always built by the lowest bidder then we have a problem.

Oh, the excitement!

Media Advisory

January 26, 2018

City of Toronto to open new eastbound ramp from the Gardiner Expressway to York/Bay/Yonge Streets

Mayor John Tory will be joined by Councillor Jaye Robinson (Ward 25 Don Valley West), Chair of the City of Toronto's Public Works and Infrastructure Committee, to announce the opening of the new eastbound York/Bay/Yonge ramp from the Gardiner Expressway to Lower Simcoe and Harbour Streets.

Date: Sunday, January 28

Time: 2:30 p.m.

Location: Gardiner Expressway's York/Bay/Yonge eastbound off ramp (south of Harbour Street on Lower Simcoe Street)

Parking: Media vehicles can park within the fenced enclosed portion of the roadway, on the east side of Lower Simcoe Street, directly across from the bottom of the new ramp.

Please note: Areas beside the ramp are still active construction zones and will be off limits. Media may only access the ramp from the bottom, up to the point where two crash trucks will be stationed. No access is permitted beyond the trucks for health and safety reasons.

The Gardiner Expressway ramp at Spadina Avenue will be closed and there will be no access to Lake Shore Boulevard eastbound. A previously unlocked gate will be closed in preparation for the ramp opening.

Political parties don't build infrastructure.

Political hacks like to pretend otherwise.

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.42.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.43.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.42.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.42.13 PM.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.43.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.43.23 PM.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 346
I know and people who go for that sort of non-logic are people who don't know how to think critically which is a tragic failing of the human mind, not being able to think critically. Logical. critical and abstract thought is what made humanity what it is today, for better or worse. The sort of non-logic pictured above is barely above the mental capacity of the apes we thought we left behind when we evolved to our current state of being.

Who will be the first to have shots of the open ramp with vehicular traffic coming down it? I'll be checking back tomorrow! My bet is on Drum.

I know and people who go for that sort of non-logic are people who don't know how to think critically which is a tragic failing of the human mind, not being able to think critically. Logical. critical and abstract thought is what made humanity what it is today, for better or worse. The sort of non-logic pictured above is barely above the mental capacity of the apes we thought we left behind when we evolved to our current state of being.
If Walkerton was Harris fault, then ...

Who will be the first to have shots of the open ramp with vehicular traffic coming down it? I'll be checking back tomorrow! My bet is on Drum.

Too far away to have the shot as well too early......................unless after 2:00 pm Sunday

Back