Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

concert.png

I saw the red line on Saturday....it makes the tower looks incomplete on the crown. The towers fine....the red/intergration of the logo does not work at all for the design language of this tower.

The visual weight of the orange is far more than the other two bands which makes it weird.
Not ideal.
Probably better than a random boring design flop though.

I mean the first problem is that Concert is using three colours that were popular in the early 2000s. I wouldn't be caught dead using that combination for any of my clients...All they had to do was pick one of those colours at the very least (in this case the blue or MAYBE the red, though there's no other red in the structure so it would be quite out of place).

A corporate logo incorporated into the design. It's the perfect topper for this tower. Everything about the design is marketing appeal. It's mostly an illusion like those setbacks.

It's gotta be temporary. It's a condo, Concert wouldn't be sticking their logo on something they will lose control of in the next year. I doubt the condo board will want the developers logo on their building, either.

It's gotta be temporary. It's a condo, Concert wouldn't be sticking their logo on something they will lose control of in the next year. I doubt the condo board will want the developers logo on their building, either.
We may all know it's the Concert logo colours but I bet 99% of ordinary folk (and lots of UTers) won't and will see it as an attempt (a someone feeble one) to give some colour to the building. I doubt any condo board would (or should) spend $$ to remove it - though if it ever needed repair/repainting they might no bother to replicate it.)

I mean to say that Concert will likely remove it as the building registers.. just like the giant "concert" logos in the amenity areas. It is likely a sticker or other form of temporary material designed for short term marketing, not as a permanent feature.

Tridel still has their logo on solaris at metrogate and its lit since at least 2011. I guess it would be up to the condo board to remove them afterwards?
tridel metrogate.JPG

Attachments

• tridel metrogate.JPG
    tridel metrogate.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 928
Tridel still has their logo on solaris at metrogate and its lit since at least 2011. I guess it would be up to the condo board to remove them afterwards?
View attachment 133084

Tridel slapped a restrictive covenant on title in the condo declaration that it will continue to have access to that 'wall' where that cheap looking temporary signage is ... thus sadly the condo board could not remove it

Photos from somewhere up the building.

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5974.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

And a bit more of the lobby. They made some parts of it very conducive for work. I see tall tables, library-like desks, and a future meeting room for tenants to use. Much more practical use of the lobby area than a simple passthrough.

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

Nice area outside...maybe for a patio?
IMG_5981 2.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_5980.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_5979.JPG
    IMG_5979.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 583