Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

The desaturation in the NYC photo makes the difference in the glass near the top look truly appalling (not that it looks good otherwise).
Probably taken as they were finishing construction and cleaning the very dusty windows. I remember when they finally got to cleaning the building and there were patches like this from where they had finished from the day before.

Apologies to David and HP.

Just some tweaks (Weight watchers and a bit of height).

RBC gold was the spectacular gold face of the city's waterfront... becoming invisible.

Why argue about blue/green/white/black/purple..... bring back the gold. Homage and kinda pretty in a skyline.

Just for fun.
weightwatcher-gold.jpg

Attachments

• weightwatcher-gold.jpg
    weightwatcher-gold.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 794
Thx PE ... just some fluff. 10 more floors might loosen the noose. Bring home some gold.

It's not so much the issue of the total amount of space, but the space per floor. Office buildings work differently from res towers since internal space is less of an issue (and is often desired for private meeting rooms etc.).

Gold is cool though!

That rendering that's just for fun. Should actually be considered in being built . Because of its right colour ,bulkiness and location to the other Commerce towers . This person got to right idea !!

Just some tweaks (Weight watchers and a bit of height).

Nice:cool:, why only a bit of height?
i know you're probably worried to be labelled a supertall fan boy by many here...haha,
but if you thin a 2 million sq. ft bldg. that much you should be adding at least 75-100 meters to the overall height to match the same density, no?
whats wrong with it @ 375-400 meters in our downtown core

Nice:cool:, why only a bit of height?
i know you're probably worried to be labelled a supertall fan boy by many here...haha,
but if you thin a 2 million sq. ft bldg. that much you should be adding at least 75-100 meters to the overall height to match the same density, no?
whats wrong with it @ 375-400 meters in our downtown core

LOL - of course the math needs intelligent attention... just being inaccurate for fun and I (we) don't get a vote anyway. I said earlier the new tallest should be office not mixed/condo.

So just some (conservative) musing ... waste of time but pleasant distraction lol. What if.

waste of time but pleasant distraction

If you need another "waste of time but pleasant distraction" then a future skyline might be just the thing the doctor ordered! :)

Height at this spot is going to come down to shadowing on St. James Cathedral at King and Church. Everything that's been built or approved close by to it has been chopped so that it doesn't add shadow… so it won't be any different for Commerce Court 3. Based on the shadow studies for this building, they're already at or slightly above what the City will allow.

I'll take the word of someone who carries out sun/shadow studies over some guy on a message board

Back