Toronto 2 Carlton | 251.1m | 73s | Northam | IBI Group

Honestly I don't see how this proposal is in any way reasonable or could be taken seriously. The render looks fairly preliminary and the office space that makes up for the loss of this Modernist tower is minimal. I'd really prefer no development here, the existing building is perfectly fine, and could use a bit of heritage restoration if anything.

Totally heretical to suggest this, and not likely to happen - but I wouldn't mind an significant addition to the existing building if it is done in a manner that reads like an extension of the current tower.

That, and building is just begging for a basement level with built in TTC access.

AoD

Totally heretical to suggest this, and not likely to happen - but I wouldn't mind an significant addition to the existing building if it is done in a manner that reads like an extension of the current tower.

That, and building is just begging for a basement level with built in TTC access.

AoD
I'm honestly fine with something of this nature occurring as well, though I doubt there could be a great addition added here, perhaps an addition of 10 floors if the engineering cost was really studied in creating this alteration.

I'm with @ProjectEnd: this is just Northam up-zoning the property to make it worth more before flipping it to a developer that'll bring in a serious design.

A friend of mine who leases in this building and last year signed a 12 year lease spoke to the owners of the building who said that they had no intention of building anything here. Take that for what it's worth.

Community consulting meeting is March 6

DSC_0084.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0084.JPG
    DSC_0084.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 546
Public meeting next week, per KWT newsletter.

Northam Realty has applied for Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment applications for 2 Carlton Street. A revised application has been submitted, seeking amendments to allow a 73-storey mixed-use building tower with a 6-storey base building. The base building includes retail uses on the first and second floors, office uses on the third and fourth floors and residential units above. A total of 1,046 residential units are proposed with a total gross floor area of 74,435.7 square metres. A total of 162 vehicle and 1,148 bicycle parking spaces are proposed. A 250m2 park is proposed at the southern edge of the site along the Carlton Street.

Revised plans will be shown at the public meeting.

What: Community Consultation on 2 Carlton Street
When: Tuesday, March 6, 7pm to 9pm (time to be confirmed)
Where: Courtyard Marriott, 475 Yonge Street, Alexander Room

For more information about the application and to read the applicants planning rationale report, shadow studies, and more, please click here. If you have questions or comments about this application, please contact the city planner in charge of this file:

Kate Goslett, Planner
416-395-7105
Kate.Goslett@toronto.ca

My dentist is in this building and I live across the street so I'm selfishly not looking forward to this one. I hate going to the dentist enough, but at least it's easily accessible and I like the dentist himself. Not to mention how convenient the Shoppers and Bulk Barn are!

I love his detailed renderings on the future downtown core. Glad he came aboard on Urban Toronto blogs, and still doing his illustrations on Skyscraperpage as a bonus !

From Mike Collins-Williams, whom it seems was as the public consultation; mercifully, seems the spires are gone, but can't get a good look at the latest render, and new docs aren't yet up on AIC.

DXpWEn6UQAES5h3.jpg

upload_2018-3-7_9-30-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-7_9-30-56.png
    upload_2018-3-7_9-30-56.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 503

Back