News   Nov 27, 2020
 63     0 
News   Nov 26, 2020
 860     3 
News   Nov 26, 2020
 2K     5 

Recent content by RJR123

  1. R

    Avenue Road Oldies

    The buildings are really nice, however the bright blue awnings that many of them sport are so ugly and ruin the look. Why not tasteful black awnings with white lettering.
  2. R

    Toronto | Waterlink at Pier 27 | 44m | 14s | Cityzen | architectsAlliance

    They've broken up the super-block feel on Yonge by the renovations done in the 90s that created store facades along Yonge up to the Roots store.
  3. R

    Post: Coyote Ugly coming to Toronto

    It must lure in unsuspecting tourists. Didn't the Brunswick House have a reputation for recycling its beer too?
  4. R

    Post: Coyote Ugly coming to Toronto

    Like Peel Pub...popular in Montreal, didn't last here.
  5. R

    Toronto | Waterlink at Pier 27 | 44m | 14s | Cityzen | architectsAlliance

    The residential above commerical planning is applicable for main streets/commercial streets only. Urban streetscapes consist of commercial streets, residential streets, institutional districts, parks, among others, many of which appropriately lack retail. The architecture of this project is...
  6. R

    Church Street Bars/Clubs/Restos

    I was told the same thing about Sneakers, on Yonge Street (which I think is gone now).
  7. R

    Dooney's Reality Show Reno

    Oh, that's right. The Savoy is a bit further up Victoria, where The Senator used to be (the bottom floor of the former Senator). Prior to The Strand, this restaurant was called Denison's, and they brewed their own beer on the premises. It seemed to be a fairly busy restaurant but I guess not...
  8. R

    Dooney's Reality Show Reno

    I think that place was called "The Savoy"? You're right, it was gone pretty quickly.
  9. R

    Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | architectsAlliance

    While I agree that it's good to have that restaurant re-opened, the name of the new establishment that is going in there is "Da Factory." I can't imagine it's a place I would want to visit given the name.
  10. R

    Sobeys

    Can i just bitch one more time about Dominion? On Nov. 17th I had to purchase a few items, including a tub of yogurt and went to Dominion. On Nov. 18th I went to scoop said yogurt onto my fruit but was stopped cold in my tracks by the best before date of Nov. 17th.
  11. R

    Rochon: Could Mississauga Ever Be Sexy?

    I mentioned 5 & 10, which is Cooksville and I agree it could be further urbanized. As for PC and Streetsville, these are already pretty established neighbourhoods, and the NIMBYism factor against intensification would be huge. But the potential is there. Again, these are just little pockets, the...
  12. R

    Rochon: Could Mississauga Ever Be Sexy?

    The only part of Mississauga that could ever be urbanized to any great degree is MCC, which is probably about 5% of the total land mass of Mississauga, and even less if you take away Square1 (which ain't goin' anywhere). The rest of Mississauga, the 95% that isn't MCC, will never be urbanized...
  13. R

    Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

    What a juxtaposition to the project across the street.
  14. R

    St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 282m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler COMPLETE

    The dirt pile is also higher than any other luxury project in Toronto.
  15. R

    Sobeys

    It's Scheffler's (sp?) deli...and yes, their meats are very good. They have a great serrano ham there as well.

Top