Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I may not own a car nor a condo, but I've always loved car design ... and architecture! But this car design beats Ice :D
w9Noxxb.jpg

Great pictures but every time I look down University I wish the Citigroup Place were either redeveloped or at the very least re-clad in something more audacious. Don't really have much against the building itself, but the potential vista for something monumental here is one of a kind in this city.

Great pictures but every time I look down University I wish the Citigroup Place were either redeveloped or at the very least re-clad in something more audacious. Don't really have much against the building itself, but the potential vista for something monumental here is one of a kind in this city.

It's certainly a vista that makes you wish Toronto had its own version of Chicago's Board of Trade Building (including the iconic view corridor, obviously). I've always dreamed of what could've been had the grand plans for Vimy Circle and Cambrai Avenue been fully realized.

That mundane building is a waste of a one of a kind site at the foot of University Avenue. It needs to go.

I think it's one of the more interesting buildings in that area. Its shape is pretty intriguing at least: it's basically two hexagonal buildings attached by a central rectangular core structure. The black glazing on that central portion is also pretty sharp and adds a lot of contrast against the grey facade and blue windows. But to each their own.

To steer it back to Ice, here's a photo from Monday. I'll have more to post soon.

Ice Condos by Marc, on Flickr

Back