Argento (Tridel) - Real Estate -

wang888

Member Bio
Reaction score
Tridel is launching this project with VIP pricing. When did they start doing this? Well anyways here is some information:

July 17 is the deadline for the worksheet to be submitted
July 23 and 24 are signing days

Here are some price;
1 bed - 539 sq ft for $263,000
1 bed plus den - 624 sq ft for $295,000
2 bed - 722 sq ft for $348,000

All prices include 1 parking (apparently they mention it's a value of $38,000)
They make you purchase the parking, so I'm not sure why they even mention it's value, perhaps after the VIP sale, parking will be sold separately?

These suites are averaging $480 psf from the 4th floor. There is $1,000 floor premium.

prices on this project are insane !!! i wonder what makes it so much better than the one being built at Donmills / Sheppard by Elad or from Ultra / Yorkland being built on sheppard !? i know they are a little away from this location but i dont see why one would pay such high premium for the condos here !?

Or am i missing something and prices in general of the condos have gone so much up in the area ;)

prices on this project are insane !!! i wonder what makes it so much better than the one being built at Donmills / Sheppard by Elad or from Ultra / Yorkland being built on sheppard !? i know they are a little away from this location but i dont see why one would pay such high premium for the condos here !?

Or am i missing something and prices in general of the condos have gone so much up in the area ;)

I am assuming Tridel is justifying high prices because it's considered a more affluent area (at least, the homes surrounding the Donalda Golf course are more affluent). You are closer to York Mills, which moving West from the DVP pushes you into very desirable areas.

At Don Mills and Sheppard, you are surrounded by rental buildings, so I'm sure that has to do with the pricing. Yorkland area, again there is not much there (yet?). There are rental buildings in the surrounding area of Argento too, but again you are close to the more desirable areas.

Greydon Hall is not by any means an significantly more affluent area than Sheppard and Don Mills/Yorkland. For that you have to move closer to Leslie. The recent realestate boom have lifted the house prices of the area of single detached homes along York Mills Rd. east of Don Mills, but even that area is well isolated from where this building is going.

Greydon Hall is not by any means an significantly more affluent area than Sheppard and Don Mills/Yorkland. For that you have to move closer to Leslie. The recent realestate boom have lifted the house prices of the area of single detached homes along York Mills Rd. east of Don Mills, but even that area is well isolated from where this building is going.

Don Mills/Sheppard does have the Henry Farm Community in it's vicinity to help with property values, but other than that, what is there? (Fairview Mall)?

I was assuming that Tridel's pricing is based on the fact that their development is near Donalda Golf course and close to York Mills and Leslie. I have lived in the area for 15 years and even went to George S. Henry high school on Graydon Hall, so I do have a little knowledge of the area and what location would retain property values the best. To most, Graydon Hall Manor was a little bit more appealing than Forest Manor and it's rental buildings. I would love to see the price list of Argento compared to Yorkland and Emerald City.

Don't get me wrong. I always thought pricing based on location didn't always make sense (atleast to me). For instance, my homes market value on Leslie could be say $580K whereas the same exact house on Bayview could be $880K. And so, I think Tridel is basing their pricing on the fact that it is closer to York Mills/Leslie, which seems more appealing than say Sheppard/Leslie.

wow floorplan 2G+DT has one of the best floorplans that I've ever seen in a condo unit of its size. The design is almost perfect!

Firstly, I live at Leslie and Sheppard and also know the area quite well. I don't believe this location is really any more upscale than Don Mills and Sheppard. At least at Sheppard you have access (in some cases direct) to the subway and Fairview Mall. I personally wouldn't live at either location, but if I had to choose I would think that Sheppard has more going for it than north of York Mills.

Secondly, how ridiculous is it that they are now offering two bedroom units in as little as 722 square feet? My first condo, built in the early 2000's was a one bedroom corner unit, about 725 square feet, and it felt small.

Back