Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

The whole Emerald City is a ticking time bomb with building defects. Maintenance fees will skyrocket in near future. Tower 1 is about to enter its 3rd week long garbage chute close down due to repair. The 2nd floor stinks of rotten garbage from the compactor room. In its first year, tower 1 suffered at least 4 major floods. The last big one was in Sept 2014 which knocked out all elevators. Speaking of flood, tower 3 suffered its first today with a sprinkle going off inside a unit on 21st floor. It took firefighters over 1 hour to control the flood which went all the way down to P1. Residents in the east end of the tower 3 had to evacuate and deal with severe water damage inside the homes. You can search for "Residents @ Emerald Tower 1, 2, 3 (62, 66, 70 Forest Manor Road, Toronto)" on Facebook to see all the gory details.

Tridel down the street. Built for life.

Open House @ Emerald City
http://emeraldcitylife.ca/
Price: Free
@ the Emerald City sales office (Across from Fairvew Mall, Forest Manor Rd. )
April 18-19 and April 25-26, 12-5pm
SIMPLY LIVE IN THE CITY’S MOST EXCITING COMMUNITY. MOVE-IN 30 DAYS. Experience 3 fully furnished model suites in Emerald City’s Dream Tower.

Anyone had their maintenance fees go up recently? Did not get any updates about it...shouldn't really be surprised but shocked to see mine was increased by 12%.

Anyone had their maintenance fees go up recently? Did not get any updates about it...shouldn't really be surprised but shocked to see mine was increased by 12%.

I think its common that when builders market their properties they advertise an estimate of what the maintenance fees will be. After turnover, the board is better able to determine an actual budget will be, which includes contribution to the reserve fund. If the revenues are not enough to cover the expenses plus the contribution to the reserve fund the fees generally go up ( and they should ). Unfortunately builders advertised maintenance fees are usually on the low side because that is what sells units. Regardless, in my opinion this should have been communicated to the owners

Just placed a one bed hickory on hold for 327k including parking and locker. Am I going to regret this decision. Seems like the buildings are having tons of issues.

I purchased a unit in phase 4 of the development and was wondering how long did you guys have to wait between occupancy and final closing date?

And also did phase 1,2 or 3 have these half a glass panel for the showers? I googled it and apparently it's a "new design concept" called a frameless fixed panel but I find it completely impractical. I'm thinking of installing a sliding door or a hinged door to close the other half. Did anyone do the same?

Oh man, I absolutely hate the showers that only have partial glass. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but water always end up splashing out in the open space.

I am thinking to get the Lumina of Emerald City.
Just want to get some input from the owner of the previous phrases about the elevator, appliance and garbage chute and see if there are any major issue.
Any input?
Thanks in advance.

I am thinking to get the Lumina of Emerald City.
Just want to get some input from the owner of the previous phrases about the elevator, appliance and garbage chute and see if there are any major issue.
Any input?
Thanks in advance.
I own an unit at 52 Forest Manor (The Colors or previosuly known as Biyu), the 13 story builidng has 3 elevators, i never have to wait for them , it is a joy to live in a small building like this !)

I think Lumina is a great choice for end-users

Back