L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

I had the same fan problem, mentioned in warranty too, but I moved in with no connection, had to email the office and ask for fix ASAP. they did fix it in couple of days, the rest of list may not get done anytime soon!

I had to go to customer service in person with my complaint, and watched her write it on the list she was giving to the handymen, and then they finally came in to fix it a week later. If I hadn't actually walked in to complain I don't think it would have ever gotten done.

I asked about the gym, and I was told they were aiming for the end of February. But apparently there was a flood or something last week in that space which might set them back. But if they were hoping for Feb, then hopefully it will be soon.

twenty4two is right about the frustrating fire alarms. I've been caught downstairs holding bags of groceries and not able to get up until the firemen showed up and gave them the okay to reset the elevators. It's definitely annoying. I've lived in other condos and fire alarms are definitely a part of condo living, but recently here it has been a bit more than usual. But we got an email from the property manager saying they recognized it was an issue and are trying to fix the problem so at least the property manager is aware of it.

I asked about the gym, and I was told they were aiming for the end of February. But apparently there was a flood or something last week in that space which might set them back. But if they were hoping for Feb, then hopefully it will be soon.

twenty4two is right about the frustrating fire alarms. I've been caught downstairs holding bags of groceries and not able to get up until the firemen showed up and gave them the okay to reset the elevators. It's definitely annoying. I've lived in other condos and fire alarms are definitely a part of condo living, but recently here it has been a bit more than usual. But we got an email from the property manager saying they recognized it was an issue and are trying to fix the problem so at least the property manager is aware of it.

Thanks for sharing riley. Any indication on when the pool is supposed to be done? How about the lobby?

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate the info about amenities.

What floorplan do you have if you don't mind sharing? What have been the pros/cons of deciding to live in L Tower thus far? What is your overall impression of the quality of the units?

I have the 03/04 floorplan facing west (1 bed + den). I think the interior of the unit is great (though it's based on my somewhat limited experience). The quality of finishes seem high, and the Miele appliances really are great. The 03/04 floorplan in particular seems very functional. I saw some 1 bedroom (no den) units when I was looking that were poorly designed IMHO. The rest of the building is in complete construction mode so that's no fun. We only recently got carpets on the hallways, but the walls remain unpainted (seems like a quick thing for them to do that would go a long way to making the place feel finishe. So I have to reserve judgement on the rest of the building. However, so far it has a great 'feel', even if there are question marks remaining about how the place will turn out exactly.

Good to know - thank you. It did flood 3 or so stories, and caused the power to go out from 9-4PM. I walked down the stairs that day and it was wet starting the 3rd floor downwards.

It would be great if they did finish the gym before March, but if you pop in now, it really doesn't seem like they can meet that deadline.

Any new on when the building will be registered?
I've been asking but so far nothing concrete.
Has anyone installed a flat screen TV on the wall?
Will it support a 55 inch?

Thanks

Any new on when the building will be registered?
I've been asking but so far nothing concrete.
Has anyone installed a flat screen TV on the wall?
Will it support a 55 inch?

I was told it would register in about 6 months. What were you told?

Thanks

Last time I asked I was told six months. Were you told something different?

Does anybody have a line of sight on what percentage of units are completed? When are the latest occupancy dates right now?

They mentioned to me at the end of last year it should be around March 2015, but who knows.
I was wondering if anyone had any recent news.

They mentioned to me at the end of last year it should be around March 2015, but who knows.

Ok, just wanted to know what your info was to compare. I asked about two weeks ago, and that's when they gave me the 'six months' target date, so I March is off the table. This company has made a career of constantly handing out dates then bulldozing past them and casually handing out ever-newer dates, so who knows when this will actually happen.

Hi trini2dbone

That is the latest news I have ... my last occupancy date letter is March ... same as yours ... does anyone have an occupancy date letter passed that ?

Hi trini2dbone

That is the latest news I have ... my last occupancy date letter is March ... same as yours ... does anyone have an occupancy date letter passed that ?

hi wolf, I think we might be talking about two different things. trini2bone's original question was about the when the building would be registered, which is different from an occupancy date. occupancy is when you get the keys, but the builder still owns the building so you have to pay "phantom rent" and you don't even start your mortgage. the date the building is registered is when the builder transfers ownership to the owners via a condo corporation for the building and that's when we legally own the building and engage our mortgages. It's frustrating that your occupancy date keeps getting pushed back but on the bright side, if you're lucky, by the time you get your occupancy date and move in, the building will be registered so you can start paying down your mortgage right away instead of paying "rent" to the builder!

hi wolf, I think we might be talking about two different things. trini2bone's original question was about the when the building would be registered, which is different from an occupancy date. occupancy is when you get the keys, but the builder still owns the building so you have to pay "phantom rent" and you don't even start your mortgage. the date the building is registered is when the builder transfers ownership to the owners via a condo corporation for the building and that's when we legally own the building and engage our mortgages. It's frustrating that your occupancy date keeps getting pushed back but on the bright side, if you're lucky, by the time you get your occupancy date and move in, the building will be registered so you can start paying down your mortgage right away instead of paying "rent" to the builder!

Hi riley, I think you are right ... there are so many questions in this thread I don't think i went back far enough to find out what trini2dbone was asking. Thanks for the clarification aswell about the difference between registration and occupancy. It is soooo frustrating about the constant delays, especially since I already sold my current residense, and now i am having to find friends and family to stay with until this new "phantom date" for move it. But you are right, the longer this goes the less I have to pay for rent, and more for our mortagages. Still can't wait to move in though :). There has been so many delays with this project. I hope this spring will get warmer ... then there will be no more excuses for additional delays (atleast due to the weather). Hope things are getting better for you guys in the building.

Hi riley, I think you are right ... there are so many questions in this thread I don't think i went back far enough to find out what trini2dbone was asking. Thanks for the clarification aswell about the difference between registration and occupancy. It is soooo frustrating about the constant delays, especially since I already sold my current residense, and now i am having to find friends and family to stay with until this new "phantom date" for move it. But you are right, the longer this goes the less I have to pay for rent, and more for our mortagages. Still can't wait to move in though :). There has been so many delays with this project. I hope this spring will get warmer ... then there will be no more excuses for additional delays (atleast due to the weather). Hope things are getting better for you guys in the building.

no problem! the delays on this project have been insane. The building is still very much under construction inside, and the elevators and most of the hallways still remain unfinished. But it's great inside my unit, they have now fixed all my issues, so I'm very happy. I did have to physically visit the customer service floor and watch her write down my issues and unit number on the list going to the handyman, but because of that it did get done. Also, because there aren't very many people in the building yet, it's very quiet and the elevators are never (or rarely) crowded. It will be great when the amenities finally get done. I walked about the amenity floor recently and it DOES seem possible to me that they could have at least the gym open by end of March. The floors are in, the outlets are in, and while it still looks construction zone-y, I think it would be possible for them to clean it out and put in equipment. The whole 'valet' parking situation still seems ridiculous to me, but hopefully parking will be done soon.

I have had several items on my 30 days list fixed (all but 1 were only original PDI)....

Wondering anyone who purchased a locker got assigned 1 yet?

what remains for me are superficial things, like scratched flooring, scratched cabinets/island wood panels...unfortunately 50% of my upgraded cabinetry has defects in them, not sure how this is going to play out. But they are supposed to complete this by mid March for me.

the most annoying thing for me is my furnace unit, it keeps collecting dead flies... i recently came back from a 3 weeks vacation.. the unit was covered with dead flies, and when i opened it, it was like the Mummy movie when he opens his mouth...

As for the gym, and registration dates goes, I really doubt it will stay on schedule... I was told Q1 for registration when i got my keys... But given the pattern of delays, you can't help but think that it will probably be Q2 or even Q3 at best.... remember building cannot be registered unless over 90%(?) completed. The crane isn't going down until march, so it will be at least after that... The numerous delays, to name a few....

Moving in: 4 years?
Parking : first end of October, then end of November and then they just gave up on giving dates
Front door closure / sidewalk paving : they said mid December the front doors will reopen, it's now almost end of January

My friend at Pier 27 (same builder as us) has been living there for 6+ months now, still isn't registered and I think they have much less units than us.

I'm annoyed because we are charged extra for owning parking/lockers, but we haven't been able to access those. Also, every time the fire alarm goes off, there is a cost to having fire department coming... i wonder if we are covering those costs, and of course, the whole valet thing costs money too....

I almost feel like the building south of us (backstage) is being worked on at a much faster pace than ours...

I've also heard rumors of pier 27 (and probably our building too) having delivered building material stolen over time by other contractors working inside the building as 1 of the reasons for all the delays....

I have had several items on my 30 days list fixed (all but 1 were only original PDI)....
I've also heard rumors of pier 27 (and probably our building too) having delivered building material stolen over time by other contractors working inside the building as 1 of the reasons for all the delays....

that happens everywhere. even in buildings that are occupied during interim occupancy - people, contractors, you name it, take things that shouldn't be theirs. That's why there's a security guard, but they can only do so much.

Back