Toronto The Carlaw | ?m | 12s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

Shot December 30.

chWElzqHDveDRh2l

Drove by this yesterday, the building is looking better. The black windows and Grey brick go well with each other. However the Wall curtain windows look terrible, completely
got this wrong. To bad since this was the big sell for the building. Occupancy is for May.

Yeah, The Cheapening and all but I think this looks good. Carlaw's emerging mid-rise streetscape looks great. I'd love to see it repeated all over.

Last edited:
Nice shots. surprised how they are finishing the top of the building by covering the cement with cheap faded black windows. Looks better if they left it. Looks very cheap now and obvious the builder is cutting cost.
The grey brick is nice goes with Lambs building which is very nicely finished btw.. hint hint streetcar.

This builder time and time again cheapening out on projects. Go look at the last 5,6 streetcar projects. Go walk by them...then go inside if you get a chance. Terribly finished. And they're going to build a "community" now? *chuckles*

This builder time and time again cheapening out on projects. Go look at the last 5,6 streetcar projects. Go walk by them...then go inside if you get a chance. Terribly finished. And they're going to build a "community" now? *chuckles*
I tend to agree. While I love what Streetcar is trying to do with urbanity in this city in general, their execution leaves a lot to be desired. There's also some huge issues inside their buildings (particularly with regard to sound transmissions between units). I really, really, hope they up their game for Riverside.

I tend to agree. While I love what Streetcar is trying to do with urbanity in this city in general, their execution leaves a lot to be desired. There's also some huge issues inside their buildings (particularly with regard to sound transmissions between units). I really, really, hope they up their game for Riverside.

There is 0 incentive to up their game.

Anyone know Were the garbage bins and pick up will be located? I'm assuming on the North East side but that would be awful view for the town home owners..

Found out some additional details from Streetcar:

- The Crow's Theatre space won't be opening until fall 2016, for some reason. It will include a cafe that is expected to be open all day.
- It appears they did retain rooftop amenity space on the 11th floor, but now it seems it's just one room, rather than smaller patios. They may still be selling individual patios as Streetcar has done in other projects.
- Confirmed that the address will remain as 345 Carlaw, even though the entrance to the building will be on Dundas, confusingly.

I notice that hardscaping has begun in the courtyard, and the sidewalk cover has been removed on the Carlaw side.

Back