Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

They've had the interior lights on the past few evenings, and they look interesting from north up Yonge. It looks like they're arranged into circular patterns, so the effect of seeing them through the patterned glass is very futuristic. It's a nice touch for the street.

Just like its render... imagin that!
Theres hope for Toronto projects after all.

Lots of projects turned out/are turning out like their renders, or even better. People here are just too focused on the bad ones. Ice, Delta, Shangri-la, Peter condos, King Charlotte, U condos, Four Season, 1st Thomas, Nicholas residences just to name few. This "there is hope for Toronto", like we're talking of a pile of crap, make me sick.

Last edited:
I was kidding, and I agree most projects have turned out just like they said they would. I supose im sarcastically moking all the negativity regarding projects that have gone on in the city. I personally find Toronto is heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
In general, I thoroughly enjoy walking around cities when they're empty: Toronto on an early Saturday Morning. Hell, even Manhattan is rather dead at 5am :D Is Rye High better without its students?!
jbXBIKV.jpg

Is Student Learning better without smart centres?
JYzohZh.jpg

Is this one of the "patterns in a poetic life" as a student?
1O6rD0P.jpg

Do we get to climb snow banks?
CWWKc3o.jpg

Is Yonge street really better covered in glazing?
79AzjKf.jpg

Is a Galaxy Camera 2 zoom lens really better than an Iphone 6 plus?
wx2WtOU.jpg

This has turned out spectacular, as hoped - or can I say breathtaking? I walked up Yonge St. after a film last week and was looking at the retail areas, is it just me or are they kind of small, and very shallow?

This has turned out spectacular, as hoped - or can I say breathtaking? I walked up Yonge St. after a film last week and was looking at the retail areas, is it just me or are they kind of small, and very shallow?

Did you look down? The retail units cannot be seen from the street, as they are below ground. Only the entrances are on the ground level.

Did you look down? The retail units cannot be seen from the street, as they are below ground. Only the entrances are on the ground level.

Ah, thanks. It was midnight, no lights on inside and my first glimpse inside since the hoarding was removed.

Back