Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

20141023_094831.jpg

Attachments

• 20141023_094831.jpg
    20141023_094831.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,569
It has been posted here that a Shopper's Drug Mart is opening up in X2.

Actually, Shopper's Drug Mart won't be occupying the retail space. Great Gulf indicated that the space would be too small for a Shopper's Drug Mart. I was told that the space would be divided into 4-6 units consisting of service oriented retail such as coffee shop, convenience store, hair salon, etc.

It will be left open.

The new Dark piece is disappointingly underwhelming. A bit more variation in the stalks (and more of them) would have made for a far more dynamic piece.

For me, variation in the fingers or tendrils or what-have-you is not the important part of the piece. To me 'Double Take' is a simple expression of need for companionship, as it reaches out to 'Double Vision' in front of X, something in which it recognizes a good match. More detail might detract from that simple message. That's just my reading though…

Correct me if I am wrong but Tableau is slated for a green Shane Dark piece I believe, I imagine that it will have significant impact as it will have to be nearly twice as big as either of these to protrude up through the podium.

You can see images of Shayne Dark's 'Nova' in the Tableau dataBase file, and yes, it'll be very big!

For me, variation in the fingers or tendrils or what-have-you is not the important part of the piece. To me 'Double Take' is a simple expression of need for companionship, as it reaches out to 'Double Vision' in front of X, something in which it recognizes a good match. More detail might detract from that simple message. That's just my reading though…

I would have preferred if they started off vertical, and then bent toward Double Vision. The OCD in me goes nuts when I see it in its current form!

Back