News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 762     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, L-D!

They've debated everything over and over. I'm disappointed that emergency preparedness was not discussed.

Yes, no questions re stormwater management/flash floods or ice storms/power outages (although kudos to the good people of Toronto Hydro and emergency services in these instances).

In the post-debate scrum, Doug was asked if Lisi was working on his campaign and he adamantly denied it and said he's never met him. I believe he also said "next question" (or maybe I imagined that part). His demeanor made me wonder if that's the story that is apparently coming.

I know Étienne Brûlé was killed and eaten by the local native people, because he was so despicable to them. I love reading about the history of Toronto, even about the Toronto-Not-So-Good.

I always thought his name was so ironic that somebody made it up, like Paul Bunyan (Bunion?)

Can you imagine the dinner party?

"Here, have a piece of Steven. It's a little burnt, but it's pretty tasty. By the way, there's crème brulée for dessert."

In the post-debate scrum, Doug was asked if Lisi was working on his campaign and he adamantly denied it and said he's never met him. I believe he also said "next question" (or maybe I imagined that part). His demeanor made me wonder if that's the story that is apparently coming.

Remember, he supposedly hardly knew Scott McIntyre, who lived with his sister for several years. Mind you, if he was actually in Chi Town, this might be partially true. OTOH aren't there photos of RoFo, DoFo and Lisi in the same spot? We also have to remember that David Price was a DoFo friends, as well as the guy whose house in Fla was a Deco mailing address and who ended up working at CH.

Who asked?

...and why that question was even asked in the first place. Because just out of the blue? Weird.

To be fair, Douglas always claimed he had never seen Robert drunk or drinking so, you know........he obviously has never met Lisi. ;)

I bet Lisi is working for Rob and Doug reacted that way because he knows it. Remember a few days ago someone on twitter said they saw Lisi hammering Ford signs into lawns.

I remember seeing one of those buses pulling up on a cold and snowy or rainy night, and thinking it a fine sight indeed. :)

Better than no bus IMO. It doesn't mean no improvements later.

That's the key IMO. Ford's Scarborough Subway is nothing but a stupor induced crack pipe dream. Chow's correct that bus services can use improvement, but IMO she and or her camping team did a horrible job of selling it. She might have done much better if she framed it as "better bus service now, while a more economical and timely LRT tech is implemented for Scarborough". The Maria stories alone didn't cut it, and for some reason she started emphasizing buses and less on the LRT plans which she did have earlier on. Tory's insistence on Scarborough subway because it's decided, let's get going because we don't want to open yet another debate and study, makes for a snappy rhetoric. But it's just as idiotic as Ford's Subway x 3 sloganeering IMO. I actually hope he will flip flop on this if he becomes mayor, because LRT for Scarborough to me makes way more sense then subways.

RE: The suspected criminalities of Rob and possibly Doug Ford. I share many of Les's concerns here. Pointing out that TPS can't bring in anyone for questioning without an arrest warrant is pardon my bluntness, it's almost academic at this point and is missing the bigger picture. To me there's a stench of rot in this city, and the stink of a two tiered justice and police system. Why does the rich and powerful seem to get at least due process followed to the T, if not preferential treatment. While those who are of colour and or not as rich, do not? Why does Rob's first(?!)crack video scandal sent those in power to plead for understanding and sympathy for a poor addict dealing with a disease, while actual economically poor addicts are treated as 100% sub-human monsters that needs to be dealt with as swiftly and as harshly as possible?

To me the point still stands that if it anyone other than Fords had ahem, allegedly done half the things Ford has done, they likely would already be in jail, or at least awaiting a court date. Let's see, Rob has suspected of numerous DUIs, see: boxing in maneouver at ready during a police surveillance (!) on him, strange envelope exchanges, evading such police surveillance, calling the police chief a C&^Ksucker? But he's still free to walk around in this crazy town, and be the good boyscout mayor who helps little old ladies in advanced voting areas. Uh huh. Right, meanwhile remember when this happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._teens_ends_in_arrests_captured_on_video.html

Guess those teens should've learned the real lesson here. Better know your place around here, and shut your mouth and obey, unless you're rich and in power. Because then you have less scrutiny and check on your behaviours. Remember the golden rule kids. Those who have the gold, can make the rules.

I still love this city, but if it's true that TPS is not afraid of the Fords, or are not covering for them, or there is little to no dirty cops in Ford's pocket. That only leaves me with two conclusions. TPS is about as competent as the Simpson's Springfield police or Keystone Kops when it comes to investigating those in power, and there is definitely two different sets of laws practiced in this town.

So what was this post about Jude coming out with something earlier? Some tweets were posted but I could not see them on Twitter...

I remember seeing one of those buses pulling up on a cold and snowy or rainy night, and thinking it a fine sight indeed. :)

Better than no bus IMO. It doesn't mean no improvements later. But if you want to wait for a few years instead of getting your old service back, go ahead.

In my dreams I always ride the subway, and I hate the bus at the best of times. But sometimes you need a ride.

Totally agree! Well put.

I know Étienne Brûlé was killed and eaten by the local native people, because he was so despicable to them. I love reading about the history of Toronto, even about the Toronto-Not-So-Good.

Is that a fact? I went through the Etobicoke Board of Education, and they taught us that he a was hero. I'm shocked!

Well, he did some pretty heroic stuff! First white man known to have lived among both the Huron and the Iroquois and learned their languages - and dubious privilege of being the first white man known to have suffered pre-death torture rituals of the Iroquois...before persuading them to spare him. And he lived peaceably as one of the Huron for 20 years before they killed him. The killing and eating of him is fact...the reason, however, is unknown. Some sources speculate as to jealousies/revenge due to his libido and many affaires (the chief is thought to have whipped up the tribe against him over an interference); others cite his trading with the Iroquois to the detriment of the Huron. No one really knows - it's agreed that the Bear clan dispersed following the murder, and indicated it brought them bad luck and they 'had no satisfaction from it'...the act was regretted. That's as much as I know.

I always thought his name was so ironic that somebody made it up, like Paul Bunyan (Bunion?)

Can you imagine the dinner party?

"Here, have a piece of Steven. It's a little burnt, but it's pretty tasty. By the way, there's crème brulée for dessert."

Bwaaaah! L-D, you are baaaaad. :D

So what was this post about Jude coming out with something earlier? Some tweets were posted but I could not see them on Twitter...

I posted this upthread this afternoon. It's pretty cryptic but it sure sounds like something's up:

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 6m 6 minutes ago
LOL, little G knows when I say something is about to drop, it's about to drop, lashes out at the tweetersville to make it all stop. LOL

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 1h 1 hour ago
Get ready for another newspaper rumoured false claimed thingy mcdingy.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back