News   Apr 19, 2024
 39     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 727     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
AMCs have a nice atmosphere. The screens might have smaller dimensions than FPs of COs, but they are big enough. Some of them do really well while others remain really quiet. This is a result of which movies are being shown. I worked at the AMC at Kennedy Commons and we competed against Coliseum at STC over showing films because we were in the same area, and a movie would only be shown at one of them. The same can be said about AMC Interchange 30 and Colossus at 400/7. I am curious to know if AMC @ TLS is in the area as Scotiabank Theatre and will show different movies, or if both theatres will show all the same movies.

I went to Scotiabank Theatre, which still has no ring to it, and did find it a bit chaotic, and a bit dingy. Darn Cineplex! I can't wait to go to AMC.

Where was the cinema at Sherway Gardens?

It moved east along the Queensway. Its at either Kipling or Islington now.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that paramount is the busiest and most profitable theatre in canada. there's room for competition. the new AMC will mostly likely show the same big bugdet films as paramount and neither will be the worse for it.

I've often made my way down to paramount only to find shows sold out for the evening.

there is a nice condo across from the street from it...

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that paramount is the busiest and most profitable theatre in canada.

Not surprising considering all the theatres that have disappeared from the core in the last decade or two.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that paramount is the busiest and most profitable theater in canada.
Not surprising considering all the theaters that have disappeared from the core in the last decade or two.

true a lot of smaller theatres have closed and have been swallowed up by the big theaters.

Well AMC has like 24,000 ryerson Students as well right near it and that age group watches a lot of films. So it will be busy.

They'll have trouble keeping that title once Metropolis is built. I'm sure it will suck some business out of the Entertainment District. For Sure!

Fat chance.
People go to clubs/bars there.

Yonge street has not much things to do after the mall closes. Not enough restuarants/bars to keep the crowd busy.

The new theater may bring more people to the area...but not enough...unless they start to open up night clubs...which I doubt that will ever happen.

Careful, I was a university student once. ;)

Im a university student now. During the day students are normal... its a night when things get a little crazy, and since many Ryerson students are commuters, you dont have to worry about them.

Back