Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 218333 ZZU 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 8, 2014

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to sell vehicles from location. (Vehicles will be stored off site at 40 Gerrard St E.)

If you want to be provocative and get under people's skin, you're gonna have to up the ante. After a few years of Rob Ford, people just don't get pissed off so easily anymore. Up your game, slacker.

Look, if you like this thing, fine. You're entitled to your opinion just as urbandreamer is entitled to his. Some of us are disappointed by this tower - or partially disappointed at least. The difference is that while you love it, we're stuck with this demi-eyesore. The lower section is truly unfortunate.

I'll take the podium on this over a wall of glass. If you prefer glass walls, well that's fine but some of us would rather have contrasting colours, textures and a bit of style. Sure, the podium retail sucks, as does the interior finishes but the outside of the podium is decent, as is the restaurant row on the south side.

I'll take the podium on this over a wall of glass ... outside of the podium is decent, as is the restaurant row on the south side.

Nobody is making you choose between this podium and a "wall of glass".

"Decent" is not good enough.

The podium on this thing sucks.

I'll take the podium on this over a wall of glass. If you prefer glass walls, well that's fine but some of us would rather have contrasting colours, textures and a bit of style. Sure, the podium retail sucks, as does the interior finishes but the outside of the podium is decent, as is the restaurant row on the south side.

The podium is soul-deadening, with haphazardly located signage, yucky capped mullions emphasizing the already expansive (and bland) horizontal lines with and no drama, much less style. The firm has no idea how to craft a podium that is easy on the eyes - especially when you compare it against College Park.

AoD

Last edited:
I still don't get what was the purpose of the application? can some please and kindly tell what is the application for? it will be really appreciated.

And where exactly is it? Aura is 386 Yonge Street, I believe. Is 384 The Elephant & Castle. I'm confused (more than usual) :)

The land where Aura is located has stacked municipal addresses: 382 Yonge is for the banks, restaurants, big box stores & Hard Candy; 384 Yonge is the P1 level of The Shops At Aura; 386 Yonge is the lower half of the Aura residential condo, and; 388 Yonge is for the upper level executive & penthouse suites at Aura.

My guess is that one of the shops in the concourse level is looking to open a car rental or sales business and is requesting use of the parking lot across the way to store their inventory. That is until another condo goes on that lot at 43 Gerrard!

Look, if you like this thing, fine. You're entitled to your opinion just as urbandreamer is entitled to his. Some of us are disappointed by this tower - or partially disappointed at least. The difference is that while you love it, we're stuck with this demi-eyesore. The lower section is truly unfortunate.

But what makes you think that anyone cares about everyone's personal negative opinions?

If every member logged in and complained about every facet of a development that they didn't like, this place would be hell.

Posting a dark picture with nothing but a sarcastic comment underneath, contributes literally nothing to the thread.

Last edited:
Everyone should be limited to one complaint per 5 pages (this single post can be as long as they'd like) moreover if someone replies to their complaint they can reply to justify / debate the point made as long as no new complaint is brought up.

If such rules were in place though, UT could probably save quite a bit on hosting space as many threads would be cut in half

.. jk ..

We rely on members to know when to post and when to hold off. Sometimes it takes a while to learn what behaviour other members will generally accept, just like socialization in real life, eg. those who create dust ups in the Forum hear about it from other members. If the trouble becomes endemic, we moderators send notes. If the advice in the notes is not heeded, members can get banned, everything from one day to permanently.

If you believe that what has been posted breaks our rules, click on the Yield sign and send the mods a message.

Back