Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

I'm confused....did the LCBO site just sell??

Whoa.....

From the Globe and Mail Article on this.......

"He did say the province will sell the LCBO's headquarters property, a move expected to generate $200 million."

He is Dwight Duncan btw....

At 200M the development on that site would have to be eye-popping in its density.

I don't know, it's about 7.5 acres.

To put it into perspective, The site at 1 Bloor east is one acre, this site is 7.5 acres, could be pretty substantial.

site hasnt been sold yet. Hudak is still bantying around the idea of selling and Wynne/ LCBO hasnt anounced any sale yet which she would love to do to put towards her proposed Transit Trust

Last edited:
I couldn't believe that article mentioned a possible heritage designation for the LCBO warehouse! Wow. That butt ugly building from the 50s does not deserve heritage protection. Hopefully that was just someone speculating.

Otherwise will be nice to see the proposals for this site. Wonder if its going to take forever to see progress like the Toronto Star Lands proposal.

The LCBO Head Office and the Warehouse were built in 1947 and are both heritage listed, but not designated. Listing means a more, shall we say nuanced development process, but it does not mean necessarily that the buildings will be retained. Some parts might be though.

Meanwhile the City owns some of the land here through the Toronto Port Lands Company where the former rail spur ran between the warehouse and the store. So, the City will have some say in that regard too.

All of this is within the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan, so that will affect the redevelopment possibilities too.

Apparently I'll be on the CBC TV news tonight around 6 talking about the LCBO Lands sale, but don't tune in because I may come off dopey. Anyone who agrees may get banned temporarily; this is a high-stress moment for me!

Apparently I'll be on the CBC TV news tonight around 6 talking about the LCBO Lands sale, but don't tune in because I may come off dopey. Anyone who agrees may get banned temporarily; this is a high-stress moment for me!

Lol, Good luck man i'm sure u'll do fine

I couldn't believe that article mentioned a possible heritage designation for the LCBO warehouse! Wow. That butt ugly building from the 50s does not deserve heritage protection. Hopefully that was just someone speculating.

Otherwise will be nice to see the proposals for this site. Wonder if its going to take forever to see progress like the Toronto Star Lands proposal.

Is this sort of drivel and the resulting reaction some sort of right of passage for every new member these days?

I am proud to say that I contributed to the fruition of the sale! :D

Good luck.

Is this sort of drivel and the resulting reaction some sort of right of passage for every new member these days?

Hoboy don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks every building more than 30 years old is a priceless gem...

Just stay away from the corporation's product, at least until after the interview!

Seriously, I am sure you will do fine. Could you summarize the interview afterwards for those of us who are not in a position to see the news clip? Thanks.

Back