Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi , just so u guys know, they finally got the correct code to fix the AC thermostat , work like a charm now. so if any of u still have problem , just fill up a service form @ concerige.

what? there's a code to turn on the AC?

What I mean is the thermostat need to be programmed correctly in order to have cool air come out. the superintendent has to reset something by pressing the heat/cool mode button and the up temp button together and then reset some values.

Does anyone know if the remaining deposit cheque is given to the lawyer or directly to the builder?
I was told to give it to the lawyer but it doesn't seem right... The initial deposits didn't go through a lawyer

Does anyone know if the remaining deposit cheque is given to the lawyer or directly to the builder?
I was told to give it to the lawyer but it doesn't seem right... The initial deposits didn't go through a lawyer

When I provided my initial post dated deposit cheques they were given to the sales office, however the cheques were made out to the builders lawyers and held in trust, I am pretty sure I provided all four of the cheques at the time I signed the agreement. If you have one remaining I assume it would either be made out to their lawyer or to yours and your lawyer would forward that plus any other outstanding monies that are due on closing.

I provided 4 cheques too at initial signing but that was for 20%. There is another 5% due at occupancy which I think everyone has too that had the 25% deposit structure

We moved into the building late May. When our stuff arrived, I was disappointed to see that the loading dock also serves as recycling holding area. The bins were overflowed with boxes. However, some wet and possible perishable trash was kept there too. I haven't visited the garbage collection room myself. As the weather started to warm up, I have noticed a persistent stench of rotting garbage on the ground level lobby area. It is noticeable in the front of the security desk and the elevators. The same smell can be detected near the garbage chute on my floor which is in the high 20's.

When I brought this issue to the management office, I was told that there has been many meetings but no solution yet. The person suggested there is a possible design flaw with the waste processing.

Is my nose ultra sensitive? Or have you experienced the same?

Welcome renter70fm to our neighbourhood.

I am on 30+ floor and I could smell garbage in my unit weeks ago. The situation has been improved as I no longer smell it in the unit now. I heard from the contractors that someone had forgotten to order the odor absorbent squares. The situation should have been improved after the squares had been placed into the garbage chute rooms. I went to the lobby and talked to the concierge yesterday as I still don't have air con. I asked the concierge whether he could smell the garbage or not. He said he couldn't smell it after an hour or so.

Perhaps it's one of the items that we could discuss after the turnover meeting.

We moved into the building late May. When our stuff arrived, I was disappointed to see that the loading dock also serves as recycling holding area. The bins were overflowed with boxes. However, some wet and possible perishable trash was kept there too. I haven't visited the garbage collection room myself. As the weather started to warm up, I have noticed a persistent stench of rotting garbage on the ground level lobby area. It is noticeable in the front of the security desk and the elevators. The same smell can be detected near the garbage chute on my floor which is in the high 20's.

When I brought this issue to the management office, I was told that there has been many meetings but no solution yet. The person suggested there is a possible design flaw with the waste processing.

Is my nose ultra sensitive? Or have you experienced the same?

DONT DRINK THE WATER TODAY!

So, we had another power outage today... that's the second time this week. I waited for a while after the electricity came back on, and I tried running some water for a bath. It came out YELLOW with TONS OF RESIDUE. I had to scrub my tub like you wouldn't believe because of al the deposits. You might not notice how bad it is if the water is in small quantities, but when it pools up (like in a tub) you can tell how coloured it is. Then when you drain it, you get tons of deposits left over, which then stick to your tub and make your life hell.

I talked to security and was told that it's due to the building being new and stuff being in the pipes still, and something about how the pumps don't work during the outages. I still don't really get where all this residue is coming from... but apparently people had their faucets clogged from it on normal days. It's so gross.... I hope none of it gets through into our drinking water!

I'm trying to attach some pics for you guys to see this splendid water we have...
photo 1 (3).jpg
photo 2 (2).jpg

Attachments

• photo 1 (3).jpg
    photo 1 (3).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 704
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
Also, for those wondering, today's power outage lasted from around 10:30/10:45am - 3:30(ish) p.m.

The building isn't THAT new... it's been operating for a while now... and fresh water comes from the city lines almost immediately. It would make sense that the water needs to be pumped up to higher levels, but that water is disgusting... In theory, if you get poisoned by it - I wonder if you could sue? so the pump doesn't run and the water flows around it - is the pump that dirty? is the real cause the pump?

The building isn't THAT new... it's been operating for a while now... and fresh water comes from the city lines almost immediately. It would make sense that the water needs to be pumped up to higher levels, but that water is disgusting... In theory, if you get poisoned by it - I wonder if you could sue? so the pump doesn't run and the water flows around it - is the pump that dirty? is the real cause the pump?

Honestly, these are thoughts that I've had myself. The building is most definitely not "THAT new", as you said! And it was like the for hours! I was told to "run water until it comes clear", and after 30-40 minutes of running water and it still staining my tub, I simply gave up and went grocery shopping. When I came back at around 8, the problem seemed to be gone- but now I have doubts. Did it seem gone or was it actually gone? If people get clogged faucets, how do we know that some of that isn't coming through, even if we can't see it?

My main annoyance is with property management. If this water issue is to be expected due to "pumps" or "the building is still new" or whatever else they'd like to blame it on, why not put a notice up for residents NOT to use/drink the water until clear or something? Imagine coming home and tossing in some laundry, and having that lovely water not only mess up your clothes (my tub is still stained after scrubbing hard, hopefully I can use some harsher cleaning agents to get rid of it... I can only imagine what it would do to clothes) but also your machine! Imagine all that residue going through your laundry machine, your dishwasher, etc... then whose "fault" would it be that your appliance is clogged and no longer working?

They really should have put up a notice for families coming home from school and/or work that had no idea this problem even happened.

That picture you posted of the water is disgusting. I can't believe something like that would come out of the pipes!

I didn't realize the pumps had gone down when I returned home last night. I used the water after work (around 6pm) and it seemed fine for me. Ancea, what floor are you on? I am on 14 for reference.

Honestly, these are thoughts that I've had myself. The building is most definitely not "THAT new", as you said! And it was like the for hours! I was told to "run water until it comes clear", and after 30-40 minutes of running water and it still staining my tub, I simply gave up and went grocery shopping. When I came back at around 8, the problem seemed to be gone- but now I have doubts. Did it seem gone or was it actually gone? If people get clogged faucets, how do we know that some of that isn't coming through, even if we can't see it?

My main annoyance is with property management. If this water issue is to be expected due to "pumps" or "the building is still new" or whatever else they'd like to blame it on, why not put a notice up for residents NOT to use/drink the water until clear or something? Imagine coming home and tossing in some laundry, and having that lovely water not only mess up your clothes (my tub is still stained after scrubbing hard, hopefully I can use some harsher cleaning agents to get rid of it... I can only imagine what it would do to clothes) but also your machine! Imagine all that residue going through your laundry machine, your dishwasher, etc... then whose "fault" would it be that your appliance is clogged and no longer working?

They really should have put up a notice for families coming home from school and/or work that had no idea this problem even happened.

That picture you posted of the water is disgusting. I can't believe something like that would come out of the pipes!

I didn't realize the pumps had gone down when I returned home last night. I used the water after work (around 6pm) and it seemed fine for me. Ancea, what floor are you on? I am on 14 for reference.

I'm on the 31st. The water sometimes seemed ok in small quantities, it was when it started pooling in the tub that I noticed the problem. I had just made tea before filling the tub and drank it- hopefully whatever was in the water and could have caused a problem got boiled to death in the process. Just looking at water flowing from the tap (and into the dark teapot), I definitely couldn't tell that it was bad water.

Perhaps it is an upper floor issue though, who knows? It would suck for us, but at least other people wouldn't have to deal with this issue if that's the case!

Back