Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

I don't see how the cladding here looks bland or cheap, as mentioned above. I love the use of the fins. It's really looking stellar. But I guess if one takes photos on dreary days then any building would look bland. Such a tough crowd.

I think most people complain that there are way too many glass buildings in the area.

Even though I live nearby I haven't got a good look of the cladding myself but it doesn't surprise me that some members aren't too impressed considering RBC opt out of Southcore in favour of being in a cheaper no frills building

Good to see some passive-sun shading at work on a new building in Toronto. It looks like they've provided fins or louvers on each facade for their respective sun exposure.

Feb 14
More up on site
12542680993_289a0c3a4c_b.jpg

12543048314_fd4e9fff90_b.jpg

12542565595_16bd53dfc0_b.jpg

12542710703_340bae4e66_b.jpg

Great pics as always, but honest question... is that wavy, distorted glass done that way on purpose or is that a sign it's lower quality? It looks lower quality to me when the panes don't make a single reflective surface and each seem to be all distorted. Is that actually intentional?

Great pics as always, but honest question... is that wavy, distorted glass done that way on purpose or is that a sign it's lower quality? It looks lower quality to me when the panes don't make a single reflective surface and each seem to be all distorted. Is that actually intentional?

may be because its laminated glass

If you get far enough away, any reflective glass will look distorted. The farther away, the more distorted they will look. These images look like they were taken from some distance away.

If you get far enough away, any reflective glass will look distorted. The farther away, the more distorted they will look. These images look like they were taken from some distance away.

Parking lot across the street and about 250 feet away

may be because its laminated glass

The podium glass and a few stories up past that on the RBC Dexia building is bomb resistant glass. Seeing as it's the same tenant, I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing something similar here. RBC also uses vibrating glass on some office windows to stop laser microphones...

It's not a looker, but the fins add some visual interest. Also, when that off ramp is taken down, that park will get to stare at that side all day long. Too bad it doesn't have some more zhoosh to make the staring worthwhile.

Back