Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I don't understand why people don't like the building. its not even complete yet. STOOOOOOOOOP degrading the building.

I don't understand why people don't like the building. its not even complete yet. STOOOOOOOOOP degrading the building.

These comments posted a while back are worth repeating...

Why is there this insistence that we need to have a building utterly finished before we can judge its' aesthetics? We can tell 1 St. Thomas would look good, Four Seasons would look good, L Tower would look good and Uptown would look terrible way before any of them is actually complete.

Its ironic that you keep insisting that a building this poorly, cheaply and incompetently finished needs to be uh, 'finished' for you to judge it. The 'finished' project will mean 78 floors of the same cheap finishes now adorning the 60-odd floors that are there already. its only going to get worse, not better.

There's also the fact that we keep hearing that defence over and over, and it keeps being proven false over and over.

"Oh, it'll look good once the podium is open."
Nope.
"Oh, it'll look good once the retail is in place."
Nope.
"Oh, it'll look good once it reaches the first setback."
Nope.
"Oh, it'll look good once the balcony cladding is on."
Nope.
"Oh, it'll look good once they get to the curtainwall section."
Nope.

And now, "Oh, it'll look good once it's topped out." Any predictions how that'll work out, based on past performance?

At this point, defenses of this turd sound less like an aesthetic stance and more like Stockholm syndrome.

Ironic that of all his posts you could've made that response to, you chose the one in which he isn't actually providing an opinion, but rather is quoting other posters...

And, whether you like Aura or not is not the issue here. Rather, he was pointing out how one can, very justifiably, render judgement upon a building before it's complete. In addition to the points raised above, I'd also toss in looking at the track record of the builder and architect's portfolio as criteria in which to judge a project before it's complete.

Personal attacks are not looked upon all that favourably by the Moderators. Please keep the discussion to the building. Continued personal attacks will result in holidays from UT.

Is there a browser plug-in that removes all text and just displays the pictures? That could work so well here! ;)

Man, take it easy. This keeps up, you're going to suffer emotional whiplash. Don't take it personally when people don't adore the same buildings you do.

The drama queens can be outraged all they want, this is going to be a permanent presence on our skyline and ain't going anywhere. I'm feeling pretty bad for them :)

srs. 99.9% of Torontonians wouldn't give a shit if this building was hot pink. They aren't living in it.

Incredible waste of energy posting on here complaining, day in, day out.

They may feel superior, but they just look kind of sad and pathetic.

Some people don't like it because they don't find it particularly attractive or pleasant in terms of the architecture. While not fully completed, it's pretty much completed, and it seems doubtful that the little bit of work left will make this sucker shine.

That said, if you like it, enjoy it.

No ushahid, I'm pretty sure it's directed at people, like myself, who tend to see Aura as a failed opportunity, the hulking result of a flawed process.

It's OK though. You need a thick skin in here.

Like argus says, if you like it, enjoy it. It's not like we're ever going to be united in agreement over any single building in Toronto anyway.

Back