News   Apr 23, 2024
 484     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 383     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Some middle eastern flair....near Creditview and Eglinton. First one on Ontario. Originally from Quebec.
DSCN0689_zps3554c34e.jpg

Hi, my name is Harry...
DSCN0690_zps8e545a6f.jpg

DSCN0691_zps30f6c8a1.jpg

hmmm
DSCN0692_zps7601fd6d.jpg

Sorta mall related, but not really..

Drove by Westwood Mall today (don't hear that often eh?) and the Walmart looks quite ready to open.. Exterior is all done up, and looking inside I see shelving etc up.

Any word on an opening date?

Sorta mall related, but not really..

Drove by Westwood Mall today (don't hear that often eh?) and the Walmart looks quite ready to open.. Exterior is all done up, and looking inside I see shelving etc up.

Any word on an opening date?

May 30. I can't wait.

Is the rest of Westwood still intact? I'm assuming the Wal-Mart is roughly in the old Towers / Zellers location?

Westwood is still intact. The Zellers location is set to become the central square of the mall (as it will get redeveloped as "Westwood Square" over the next year). There will be retail/condo units, with a food court upstairs.

The new Wal*mart is in a new stand-alone building in the north Food-Basics parking lot, near the bus terminals.

The Walmart was very busy today as I pass through the transit terminal.

Basic Food is close.

Nice to see that vacant land turn into something other than a parking lot and vacate land.

Haven't seen or heard anything on this site at all.

First time up there in 2 years and only because I needed to catch the 107.

Quik Chik is getting ready to open in the same spot vacated by Popeyes on Hurontario at Fairview.

Kenzo ramen has opened a location on Burnhamthorpe just west of Mavis, across the road from Harveys. It's not Kinton or Momofuku but it's nice to finally have a real ramen shop out this way.

Last edited:
Quik Chik is getting ready to open in the same spot vacated by Popeyes on Hurontario at Fairview.

Kenzo ramen has opened a location on Burnhamthorpe just west of Mavis, across the road from Harveys. It's not Kinton or Momofuku but it's nice to finally have a real ramen shop out this way.
Quik Chik Open this week.

The gas bar is close and empty of equipment. Not idea if it history or going to be redevelop.

Quik Chik Open this week.

The gas bar is close and empty of equipment. Not idea if it history or going to be redevelop.

They have pulled out the tanks so I suspect they are going to turn the space into more parking or build something besides a gas station.

They have pulled out the tanks so I suspect they are going to turn the space into more parking or build something besides a gas station.

Maybe it was time to replace the tanks as well do an total makeover. Not enough room to build a stand alone building with parking space,

I go by the area all the time, but pay little attention to it as there is nothing there I need.

The Shell station on Bloor St E is getting a 2nd makeover in the last 2 years. Looks like they are going to move the store to the east and in large the gas pumps area. They have moved the new curbs a few feet from where they place the 2 years old one for more space around the whole lot. They were grading the area behind the current store area.

All the gas bars on Bloor St in Mississauga have been rebuilt the last 2 years.

The mall at Dixie and Bloor has seen a large turnover the last year.

I noticed a Rona has open a small store in the mall at Dixie and Burnhamthorpe at about 40,000 Sq ft or less.

Maybe it was time to replace the tanks as well do an total makeover. Not enough room to build a stand alone building with parking space,

Since pulling out the tanks, they have started covering over the holes without putting in new tanks. I don't think we'll see a replacement gas station. There simply isn't the space for the larger number of pumps and convenience store most remodeled stations tend to have.

Back